View Other Details
All transportation and tours are hosted by Selvagem Tours. We will be on the “Selvagem Sol Boat”, a double decker boat with a comfy area to sit on puffs on the top floor. Downstairs there is a bar, 2 bathrooms, tables and more couches.
Private van throughout the expedition.
Housing at Hotel Pousada Amazonia is one of the highest rated hotels in the region.
A 15-day all-inclusive expedition including biological research, tourism, wildlife watching, Amazonian culture and food, lectures as well as cooking and capoeira class.
The Amazon Expedition occurs 3 times a year at the beginning of: August, October and December. Minimum of 8 participants and maximum of 12 (excluding coordinators of the expedition).
- Learn research technique like camera trap for mammals, search for frogs and glowing mushrooms, bird and forest inventories and much more
- Lecture about: biodiversity, conservation in Brazil, science as a tool for conservation, Amazonian culture, bioluminescence, illegal wildlife trade, ecotourism and sustainable economic growth
- Multiple boat tours for wildlife watching to see sloths, monkey and lots of other Amazonian species along with gorgeous beaches and native forest
- Learn about Amazonia culture like Curimbo (traditional dance), cook and capoeira classes, Brazilian bbq on the beach
- Visit gigantic sumauma trees of the Amazon, Visit Manatee Rehabilitation center, Kayak and much more