COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, USAC has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
The Florianópolis program offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in the incredibly diverse and dynamic culture of Brazil while living on a beautiful sub-tropical island and studying at one South America's most prestigious universities. The program is ideal for students who want to learn about the world's fifth-largest country, one of the fastest-growing economies, and its diverse mix of European, African, and indigenous cultures.
Learn an old European language with a unique modern twist while soaking up the beautiful weather and sandy white beaches of the southeastern Brazilian coast. Influences from centuries of immigration collide and are reborn on this island which has retained and developed a culture that is different from the mainland and unique to Brazil. Locals mingle with visitors from Europe and the Americas who choose the island's charms and almost perpetually warm climate.
- Study at one of South America's top five universities in a beautiful setting close to a vibrant city center
- Live on a beautiful subtropical island with over 40 beaches, rainforest, lakes,and quiet fishing villages
- Discover the local and hidden charms of a historical island which has developed its own unique cultural heritage
- Participate in a tremendous variety of outdoor activities including hiking, diving, surfing, sandboarding, sailing, and whale-watching
- Experience the thrill of living in one of the fastest-growing and most dynamic countries in the world, with opportunities to travel to the Amazon, Rio de Janeiro, and Iguaçu Falls
- Study at one of Brazil’s most prestigious and popular universities, located on a beautiful island in the south of the country.
- Discover a corner of Brazil famous for its natural beauty, with more than 40 beaches, protected forests, lagoons, and trails, while immersing yourself in the local and hidden charms of a historic island that has developed its own unique cultural heritage.
- Participate in a great variety of outdoor activities including hiking, diving, surfing, soccer, and swimming.
- Experience the thrill of living in one of the most dynamic countries in the world, with opportunities to travel to São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, and Iguaçu Falls.
Summer Virtual Internships & Online Classes are Here!
USAC Scholarships and Financial Aid
USAC awards over $2 million in scholarships and discounts each year to assist students with their study abroad expenses.