View Other Details
As a Game Art & Animation major you have the opportunity to study on our campus in Montreal, Canada, the third-largest game development city in the world. Montreal is home to many international game development companies, including Eidos Montreal, Warner Bro, Bioware, EA and Ubisoft Montreal — just 90 miles north of our Burlington, Vermont campus.
Montreal is ranked as one of the world’s “Hippest” cities by the New York Times. Our program is known for cutting-edge academics in a city famous for its innovative economy. Located in the heart of downtown Montreal, Champlain Abroad Montreal gives you professional, cultural and dynamic experiences:
• Experience game industry professionals in your classroom
• Attend the Montreal International Game Summit and multiple Game Jams
• Attend monthly meetings of the International Game Developers Association Montreal Chapter
• Visit a variety of companies, from Triple A Studios to Start-ups and Game Incubators
- One key feature we offer is for all the game major students to collaborate to create their own games.
- Sample Major Specific Courses: COM 230: Small Group Communication -GAA 345: 3-D Character Development -GAA 380: Advanced Seminar in Game Art and Animation -GAA 225: 3-D Modeling II
- To see a full list of courses offered please visit the following link: https://www.champlain.edu/academics/international-education/champlain-abroad/champlain-abroad-montreal/courses-and-application-montreal