View Other Details
Study China’s environment through an interdisciplinary lens, connecting environmental science, politics, economics, cultural studies, and the arts. For six weeks, you’ll explore environmental challenges as they’re experienced locally and learn about community-based sustainability initiatives. You’ll also enhance your problem solving and communication skills, and participate in leadership workshops with international environmental organizations, including Planet Forward.
As China’s most biologically diverse province, the region will provide you with a holistic backdrop to your studies. The landscapes of rural and urban Yunnan, along with unique conservation areas nearby, become our classroom as we seek to understand the place in this unique environment.
- Earn three courses’ worth of credit (three Middlebury units or nine semester hours).
- Engage with students from around the world and with our faculty of international scholars and practitioners.
- Experience a hands-on practicum, taught entirely in English, in urban and rural contexts.
- Enjoy a variety of cocurricular activities, including a Mandarin workshop.
- Merit scholarships and need-based aid available.