ICDS: N.U.in Costa Rica Study Abroad Program- CLOSED

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from International Center for Development Studies (ICDS).

The International Center for Development Studies has teamed up with Northeastern University to provide a study abroad program for accepted NU students prior to their first semester. The N.U.in Costa Rica program gives high school graduates over the age of 18 the chance to experience living and studying in San Jose, Costa Rica. Studies will revolve around the culture, history, human development, and environmental studies in the beautiful Latin American country. Spanish language courses are also a big part of the program, which is further emphasized through home-stays with carefully selected local host families. Gaining international study experience, coupled with college credit and a further understanding of the Spanish language make this program a great opportunity for any NU pre-freshman.

Check out more information on this exciting opportunity on ICDS' website, including a link to further details on Northeastern University's website!

neucmk23

NU.in Costa Rica and ICDS

My experience abroad in Costa Rica was the best experience of my life. The staff of ICDS were incredible, they were friendly, warm and welcoming. They were also a great resource for information about Costa Rica and its culture. Whenever I needed anything, I was able to go into the ICDS office and ask questions, or needed support. The programs organized for us were incredible. We were able to see beautiful sights in Costa Rica and had great opportunities to learn abou and interact with the culture and locals of the country. Living with a host family was a great component of the program and was a wonderful gateway into the ways of life in Costa Rica. I made lifetime friends during my study abroad and formed bonds with the members of ICDS. While abroad, I was really able to challenge myself, and learn a ton of Spanish. I would definitely recommend this program to a friend, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Going abroad to Costa Rica was the best decision of my life. The people there were so welcoming and warm, and it allowed me to learn make the most out of my experience and really dive into the culture. I really enjoyed my classes and the teachers were always helpful when I had questions. Our ability to travel on our own was awesome. We got to see so many different locations such as beautiful beaches, waterfalls, volcanoes, and rainforests.

Karim

Academic Quality

Although this experience was excellent, i would recommend the program to focus more on the availability of academic courses. I feel that, for such a small group the discipline was too intense, but I enjoyed the presence of the staff nevertheless.

WolfPack4Life

Experience of a Lifetime

N.U. In. Costa Rica was the best learning experience I have ever had. My horizons have been broaden immensely after living in a such a different culture. The program allows for great personal growth as well. The N.U. In. and ICDS staff was amazing as well as the teacher at U Latina. Looking back on it all I loved ever part of the program and everyone it.

gnm

Loved it!

ICDS really helped me get adjusted, both socially and academically. I came to love the time that I spent in Costa Rica. Great program and I think I'd do it all over again, for sure.

Amir

Good times

It was really fun. Staying with host families gives you a whole new perspective on life in Costa Rica. All in all it was a great experience, one that i would truly remember for the rest of my life.

About International Center for Development Studies (ICDS)

The International Center for Development Studies is located in San Jose, Costa Rica. ICDS has partnered up with Universidad Latina de Costa Rica (ULatina) to offer a handful of technical and educational programs that simultaneously provide the...