SIT Czech Republic: Arts & Social Change

Study with a dynamic community of visual, performing, and literary artists, where art and creative dissent have played a decisive role in shaping social and political change.

Major topics of study include:

How the roles of artists and civic leaders have transformed in a new democracy
Critical challenges associated with liberal democracy and the legacy of communism
Art in relation to open borders, consumerism, and the free market of post-communist Europe

Please visit our website for more information - www.sit.edu/czr

Lydia

Amazing Immersive Cultural Experience Focusing on the Arts

The Arts and Social Change program in Prague is a unique opportunity for students to witness first hand how impactful art is for a culture’s politics, history, and community. Rather than learning about Czech culture from afar, students will become a part of it by participating in different aspects of the arts and living in the community. Because of this learning style, years later I still maintain friendships with my fellow students and feel deep gratitude and connection to Prague and the Czech Republic.

n/a
Elizabeth

An immersive, transformative experience

The SIT Czech Arts and Social Change Program truly stands out from every other study abroad program I had considered. The small cohort, supportive program staff, and local professors make the academic courses rigorous and culturally enriching. Each course offered an opportunity for both classroom and experiential learning, taking theory out of the classroom and putting it into practice. There is an immense amount of creative support in the students individual interests.

The SIT Prague Program really encouraged me to ask questions. As a college student, I felt independent and open to everything. However the program pushed me out of my comfort zone. I realized that college is still quite a controlled environment, and that I shouldn’t be afraid to question everything.

My fellow students were amazing, and I still keep in touch with nearly everyone! My host family was also the best I could ask for. I still keep in touch with them as well.

If you want a rigorous academic program, with local professors, amazing regional excursions, opportunities to pursue individual interests, and never feeling like an American tourist, this program is for you. I could not recommend it more highly.

About SIT Study Abroad

SIT has been providing immersive, field-based study abroad programs for undergraduates for more than 50 years. SIT offers more than 70 programs in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East, as well as comparative programs in...