Study Abroad in Cuenca, Ecuador and embark on a culturally exhilarating and inspiring journey.
Study with locals at the Universidad de Cuenca, be welcomed into a new family in one of our hand-picked homestays, and have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally through our immersive internship programs. Our small-size, local connections, and flexibility allow for your program dates, duration, and features to be customized to fit your needs. Around the clock on-site support is provided at every step of your adventure. Guided cultural events and activities will be available on a regular basis, presenting you with numerous chances to immerse yourself in Cuenca's history and Ecuadorian culture.
What are you waiting for? Begin your Ecuador adventure today by visiting our website or reach out/follow us on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Instagram, and Tumblr, and would love to hear from you!
View Program Information
* Transportation from Guayaquil or Quito to Cuenca upon arrival and prior to departure (either flight or van, depending on where you fly in to)
* Night in hostel in Guayaquil or Quito upon arrival and prior to departure (if needed)
* On-site orientation with city tour and welcome meal
* Homestay with local family and 3 meals per day for duration of program
* Professional internship or volunteer placement in area of choice
* iNext Comprehensive Accident and Sickness Insurance (includes emergency medical coverage along with travel insurance)
* Placement and classes at the Universidad de Cuenca
* TANDEM Program--academic and social events with Spanish speaking students (opportunities for additional Spanish language practice)
* Prepaid bus pass with up to 14 rides per week for duration of program, depending on program.
* A cell phone rental with $5 credit to start you out
* Excursions to Cajas National Park and Ingapirca Ruins
* Weekly cultural activities through the El Nomad Center (such as cooking classes, dance classes, professional development, etc.)