Study Abroad at the University of Chichester in England

Study Abroad at the University of Chichester in England

The University of Chichester has two campuses, both located in the beautiful county of West Sussex, just 70 miles from London. We have about 5,000 students and specialize in teaching our students in small and supportive classes of 20 - 25 students. This means you will receive excellent one to one tutor support and build a close rapport with your classmates. In fact, we are renowned for our great levels of student satisfaction.

Our on campus accommodation provides single, non shared, study bedrooms with shared facilities, and meal plans available in our dining halls. When not studying you can take advantage of the wide array of sporting and social options available, like the Showroom, our theater, or the many fun student nights in our Student Union.

We cater to full degree students from America and also one and two semester study abroad programs. You can study the following course areas:

• Humanities
Winter
Statement of Purpose
Cover Letter
Letters of Recommendation
A full year's tuition is about $15,000, one semester about $7500. Halls of residence is extra and costs between $130 - $190 per week depending on what type of room and meal plan you opt for. Rooms are single.

Jessica
La Crosse

Study Abroad Review

Hi! I'm from Wisconsin in the US and I so enjoyed my time at Chichester University! The school and surrounding town are phenomenal and I miss them both everyday. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I am counting down the days until I can come visit again.
The train station was right down the street from my living accommodation and it made travel so easy. This experience allowed me to meet so many wonderful people and learn to be more independent.

Emma
Iowa
University of Northern Iowa

Review of the University of Chichester

I had a really great experience at the University of Chichester. The study abroad staff and all the tutors were really helpful. The campus is beautiful. I lived in Stockbridge Residence Halls, and while I felt they were a little expensive for what was offered, they were nice and clean, and I had my own ensuite bathroom and plenty of room to cook and store food in the kitchen. There are a lot of great places to travel by train that are within day-trip distance from Chichester, so you can take lots of travel opportunities while you're there. I loved the town and the atmosphere, and I will definitely visit again some day!

More information in the beginning of the program would have been really helpful, especially concerning what paperwork you need to bring to get through customs and when you need to bring your passport for them to scan.

Heather
Canada
University of Chichester

Come to the University of Chichester!

Everything about the university has been absolutely phenomenal - from the staff and administration to the students, everyone has gone out of their way to ensure I was safe and happy and warmly welcomed. The teachers have made a point of checking in with me and making appointments if needed, and the students have included me in their facebook groups for our classes and year. The campus is small enough that everyone seems to know everyone, which is very exciting, as you know someone almost anywhere you go! Even in town, there's always someone you know passing through the shops and it's nice to know that I have become part of such a small but amazing community. The dance program has been especially amazing, pushing me further beyond what I ever thought was possible, both physically and mentally.

The communication at the beginning of the summer could be improved.. when the acceptance goes out I believe it could have been more clear as to what the next steps would have been for students requiring a visa. (i.e. sending a scanned picture of your passport, requesting a CAS document and number, etc)

Madison
Beeton, Ontario
York University

Accomodations

I don't live on campus, and I find this a lot better than living in halls. I've only been to a couple of the halls, but I find them quite basic and not really 'homey'. I love living on Winterbourne, because it allows me to feel a little more at home. Rather than living on campus, as if I was a first year again.

I would say helping the students find jobs whilst being over here. I struggled really hard finding a job over here, and if there was an "International Job Service" available, I don't think I would have stressed as much as I did.

Katy
Chichester, West Sussex

The Adventure of a Lifetime

I absolutely love studying at the University of Chichester! The town itself is beautiful, and the campus is even better! I find myself having plenty of time to get school work done, as well as having copious amounts of time to go on adventures! I live off campus, and walking through town after class is the best way to end the day and relax. All of the lecturers at Chichester are so friendly and always there to help me out with anything that I need. I also feel very welcomed into the student community, as well as the community of other study abroad students. Living right down the street from the center of town makes it so easy to walk around and shop, and living down the street from the train station makes traveling very easy. After only a month, Chichester already felt like home and I am so glad that I got this opportunity!

The only problem that I came across was actually being enrolled into modules. However, this was easily fixed up when I met with my advisor and got it all sorted out!

Based on two beautiful and quintessentially English campuses in West Sussex in the South Coast of England, the University of Chichester has a great range of courses based around the liberal arts. We have a fantastic reputation for student experience and each year welcome students