Renaissance Painting Techniques for Contemporary Artists - Atelier Neo Medici

The Atelier Neo-Medici, invites students and professional painters to the Aquitaine region of France, for a two-month intensive painting workshops, held twice a year: Spring (March-April) and Fall (October-November)

"Technique Mixte" Painting Workshop:
Pelizzari teaches an approach to painting known as the "technique mixte", which has its antecedents with the early Northern masters (Jan van Eyck). This technique employs a tempera underpainting over which oil colours are glazed, enabling the artist to achieve a profoundly intricate level of detail and greater luminosity of colour than oil paint alone can produce.

The “Atelier Neo Medici” believes that in order to create constant art, i.e., art which transcends the fashionable, it is necessary for the artist to have had a comprehensive background in traditional techniques. The quality of a painting can be assessed in term of its technical virtuosity.

Courtney

Great Decision

Choosing to attend Atelier Neo Medici was a great decision. I learned so much from Greg: he is an excellent teacher. The painting technique is involved and challenging; he makes it so easy to understand, and even if you choose to use a different method in your future work, learning this technique will grow and challenge you so much as an artist. Plus living in France was a dream! I highly recommend attending Atelier Neo Medici!

Justin

Just do it.

I went as a part of a school program. I studied under the professor for two months and spent a week in Paris afterwards. I would want to do this program over and over again if I could. I learned so much and my skills as an artist increased significantly. If you are looking for a place to go study and learn new techniques, and are willing to challenge yourself, this is the place! I highly recommend it.

About Atelier Neo-Medici

The Atelier Neo Medici is a private Art School offering Fine Art intensive studio courses in Drawing and Painting. Its mission is to provide the best education in drawing and painting through study of the history, traditions, principles and practice...