Study Art in Provence, France

The Marchutz Studio filled with only natural light at all times.
The Marchutz Studio filled with only natural light at all times.
Drawing
Drawing
AIU students paint and draw in the French countryside daily.
AIU students paint and draw in the French countryside daily.
Sculpture
Sky of Aix
Sky of Aix
The Studio
The Studio

The mission of the Marchutz School is to help students, who wish to study art in France, sharpen their visual perceptions of the world around them, decipher their emotional responses to these perceptions, and through a holistic (studio, historical, and critical) discipline, relate their discoveries to an intensive investigation of the nature and aim of art.

The goals of the program are to provide opportunities for the student to:
* Develop her/his capacity to see
* Develop a holistic approach to the study of art and art-making
* Combine studio art production with liberal arts disciplines
* Enhance awareness of the relationship between perception and imagination
* Develop a historical and critical sense so that self-expression is linked to a larger tradition
* Formulate an integrative relationship between knowledge and intuition, perception and concept, self-expression and global awareness

• Fine Arts
  • Painting
  • Drawing
  • Art History
  • La vie en Provence

Allison

Say "Yes"

Jump out of your comfort box and go abroad to Aix-en provence France. The school is amazing and offers you lots of resources. I recommend taking French and getting to know your professors. The community is beautiful and very easy to get around. I found the french residents to be very kind. I live with a host family, who took care of me and gave me love away from home. My overall trip was incredible. I felt safe and very free to do what I wanted. I highly recommend going on the bus tours that the school plans for you. IAU will not disappoint you take the leap and go!

It was perfect!
Read my full story
paule_m1

Art in the South of France

This past semester in Aix-en-Provence was one of my absolute favorite semesters of my college experience thus far. I lived with a host mom, who helped me improve my french by only speaking french with me throughout our day to day life. Then I jumped right into my first studio art class where I painted at the foot of Mount Sainte Victoire, Cezanne's beloved mountain. I made amazing friends and made Aix-en-Provence home. I highly recommend IAU, the Marchutz Program, and Aix-en-Provence.

I would host more events that connect IAU with the other French Universities in Aix.