The mission of the Marchutz School is to help students, who wish to study art in France, sharpen their visual perceptions of the world around them, decipher their emotional responses to these perceptions, and through an holistic (studio, historical, and critical) discipline, relate their discoveries to an intensive investigation of the nature and aim of art.
The goals of the program are to provide opportunities for the student to:
* Develop her/his capacity to see
* Develop a holistic approach to the study of art and art making
* Combine studio art production with liberal arts disciplines
* Enhance awareness of the relationship between perception and imagination
* Develop an historical and critical sense so that self-expression is linked to a larger tradition
* Formulate an integrative relationship between knowledge and intuition, perception and concept, self-expression and global awareness