Study Art abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France

The mission of the Marchutz School is to help students, who wish to study art in France, sharpen their visual perceptions of the world around them, decipher their emotional responses to these perceptions, and through an holistic (studio, historical, and critical) discipline, relate their discoveries to an intensive investigation of the nature and aim of art.

The goals of the program are to provide opportunities for the student to:
* Develop her/his capacity to see
* Develop a holistic approach to the study of art and art making
* Combine studio art production with liberal arts disciplines
* Enhance awareness of the relationship between perception and imagination
* Develop an historical and critical sense so that self-expression is linked to a larger tradition
* Formulate an integrative relationship between knowledge and intuition, perception and concept, self-expression and global awareness

paule_m1

Art in the South of France

This past semester in Aix-en-Provence was one of my absolute favorite semesters of my college experience thus far. I lived with a host mom, who helped me improve my french by only speaking french with me throughout our day to day life. Then I jumped right into my first studio art class where I painted at the foot of Mount Sainte Victoire, Cezanne's beloved mountain. I made amazing friends and made Aix-en-Provence home. I highly recommend IAU, the Marchutz Program, and Aix-en-Provence.

I would host more events that connect IAU with the other French Universities in Aix.

About IAU

IAU College - with semester, summer and academic year liberal arts and studio art programs in Aix-en-Provence France and summer programs in Barcelona, Spain - has been providing high quality study abroad opportunities for U.S. college and university...