The Experiment Digital Virtual Exchange Program

The Experiment Digital invites teens ages 14-19 to participate in a free international virtual exchange program this summer! This eight-week online exchange connects hundreds of young people across the U.S. with peers from the Middle East and North Africa. Participants will come together for four hours a week to enhance their understanding and practice of leadership and mutual understanding between different cultures, and learn how to become more civically engaged.

The Experiment Digital is supported by the Stevens Initiative, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, with funding provided by the U.S. Government, and is administered by the Aspen Institute.

• Learn and discuss world affairs with peers in Algeria, Iraq, the U.S., and Yemen—all without leaving your living room.
  • Program for youth led by youth. Build friendships with other young people across the globe.
  • Free online summer camp for high school students.
  • Receive a Certificate of Completion in Leadership & Global Issues Analysis
  • Robust and engaging curriculum with a critical outlet for global cross-cultural exchange in a time of crisis.

• Content 9.6
  • Engagement 9.4
  • Platform 9.6
Hasti

An unforgettable experience

TED completely changed me as a person. Not only did I learn valuable information about different cultures, leadership, and many other life lessons, I also got to express my thoughts and ideas through the program, and other participants were supportive, so I gained a confidence that I didn’t know I could have. I also gained some new friends from different backgrounds who are all amazing people with different ideas that will change our communities for better. I’m very glad I was part of this program.

If there was one thing I could improve about TED, it would be the number of family dialogues. I feel like those four times were not enough for us as participants to get to know each other well enough and be able to discuss our ideas together.
Anais

The best summer ever

This summer that I spent along with TED was one of the most productive holidays I ever had, I've learned a lot about leadership, civic engagement, communication skills. All the skills that I wouldn't normally be able to learn without this experiment, and this fact inspired me very much for my future activities in my communities, it made me strive for a change. I won't wait for this change, I will make it, this is what I had in mind after finishing this program. So yes I would definitely recommend this program for every young person out there, dreaming of a better future . Don't wait for it, be the change, and make your first step with TED just like I did.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would give it my all, and be even more motivated.
Cherrilynn

Good program!

The program was really helpful, there was a lot of interaction and opportunities to learn about how to view and respond to issues in your community, as well as how to be a good communicator, and how to plan a community initiative. I had a great time talking with students. The teachers and moderators were very helpful. All around there were great people and when we had differences they were peacefully resolved. I also got to learn about other cultures and customs from MENA (Middle East North Africa).

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
We had a fun meeting over zoom! It was entertaining and refreshing.
Lawen

TED 2020

Participating in TED was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. It was an incredible journey, I learned lots of interesting thing and I also improved my leadership and communication skills. One thing that I loved the most was our family dialogues, we talked about lots of interesting things. I wish that the program could last longer, I enjoyed every second of the program. If u want to meet new people and share your ideas with them TED is the best virtual program for you. Thank you TED for everything!

Mohamed El Mehdi

The Best Ever

As an Alumni, the experiment digital is one of the best exchange programs ever, I got a lot from it
First of all, When i got started the program I faced some difficulties and it's normal everyone who practices a new thing he is going to face difficulties, but in TED I got a peer mentor and also a Facilitator, they are one of the best people I know in my life, when I got an issue in any activity or directly I was going to them
Secondly, in TED I had the chance to gain the most important skills which can help me in my life to be a successful leader such as :
Leadership, Critical Thinking, become an innovative designer, creative communicator, resourceful changemaker ......etc
finally, the best part is you are going to meet people from several countries and different backgrounds and this gonna help you to be creative in your perspective as well as your creativity in your projects and also you life

What was your funniest moment?
I think the funniest moments I had in the program THE FUN CALLS , we had lot of fun
Islam

TED 2020

The Digital Experiment (TED). It was a really amazing experience as a place to present your thoughts and opinions to others while at the same time knowing what others are thinking and learning from them. You will really learn a lot. It is also a place to develop your skills, whether in communication or in leadership. For me it was really an experience that I learned a lot from. I developed my skills in communication and in leadership. I learned things I had never thought of. It was the first program I participated in, but it is great when you express your opinions in English and with other people around the world. The program is a place for everyone to meet to present their ideas together and collaborate to find solutions to their different problems, it was great when you get to know others and create new friendships to learn about what is happening in different countries, what are the most important problems they face and what are their goals. In fact, you will even get to know a lot about your country. So I really encourage everyone to join TED.

Open your mind, listen and participate. Respect others and share your thoughts freely .... There is nothing wrong when you speak and express your thoughts and opinions. There is nothing wrong when you participate, join conversations and discussions, and learn from them. So let your goal be to learn from others. You will definitely learn a lot.
Jaafer

Good!

TED was an experience!, in it I realized more about peers living and having completely different experiences, that made me realize that I don't need to judge, not untill I experience what they experienced, but experiences are always not the same, this I learned from a module in the program, and one thing I also learned, is that when expecting relationships with people I need to seek them by myself and without a third mart help (staff for example), this at my current situation was very helpful !.

I would make more family dialogues and icebreakers
Fella

Amazing!

I Really enjoyed spending my time being part of the TED program. It was an amazing experience where I learned new things, and I got the right support from it in order to implement a project and start making a difference in my community.
Due to the pandemic I didn't have the opportunity to descover the world, meet new people and learn more about other cultures, but thanks to the program I had all these at once. Without moving from my chair I visited so many communities and learned so much about them! I met incredible people and had nice discussions with the participant. I am so grateful to be given such an opportunity!

What was your funniest moment?
I had a really nice moment with my homestay sibling! I will never forget it. It was like we met before because we were talking like we were friends since ages! I don't know how to describe the moment but it was for me very funn and unforgettable!