View Other Details
The Experiment Digital invites teens ages 14-19 to participate in a free international virtual exchange program! This six-week online exchange connects hundreds of young people across the U.S. with peers from the Middle East and North Africa. Participants will come together for four hours a week to enhance their understanding and practice of leadership and mutual understanding between different cultures, learn how to become more civically engaged, and implement service projects in their local communities.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants receive a Certificate of Completion in Leadership & Global Issues Analysis, a $400 scholarship for summer 2024 toward one of The Experiment's programs, and more.
The Experiment Digital is supported by the Stevens Initiative, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, with funding provided by the U.S. Government, and is administered by the Aspen Institute.
Our programs are developed in close consultation with local and international partners and with a critical understanding of the communities and regions we visit.
- Learn and discuss world affairs with peers across the U.S., Middle East, and North Africa—all without leaving your living room.
- Program for youth led by youth. Build friendships with other young people across the globe.
- Students practice collaborative problem solving, intercultural communication, and digital etiquette.
- The participant to expert facilitator ratio is 5:1, allowing for small group conversations with authentic engagement.
- Robust and engaging curriculum with a critical outlet for global cross-cultural exchange in a time of crisis.
The Experiment in International Living Scholarships
The Experiment in International Living offers a variety of need-based and merit-based scholarships to worthy high school students looking to participate in their program. The eligibility requirements vary depending on where you live and other demographics -- and your GPA is taken into account for some scholarships too.