UCLy: ESDES Study Abroad in Lyon, France

The programs at this school allow both exchange and free mover students at the Catholic University of Lyon for one to two semesters. Students are allowed to take courses in both French and English, which makes this school perfect for many students around the world. They are able to transfer the credits they receive at this University to their home university.

Stephanie

Amazing teachers!

I think that the best part about this program was the teachers. The lessons were always engaging and I felt like I learned so much! The way in which our professor taught grammar made concepts that I had previously struggled to understand before more clear. My French became more authentic in both my writing and speaking having a teacher who was a native to Lyon was wonderful, as she provided deep insight into cultural practices and was able to well explain the nuances within the language. We got to be creative in class and through assignments, and there was never a time when there was nothing to do which was super helpful in forcing me to constantly think in French. Overall it was a great class!

I would place students in classes that were more specific to their level. We had two groups, but I felt like even within these high/low level groups there was so much variation that some students would be bored at times while others were struggling.