Learn Online While Traveling South East Asia

bali sunset
bali sunset
beach walk
beach walk

Edumadic organises and leads programs around the world for carefully selected groups of online learners who want to further their education and travel the world simultaneously. Our programs are made up of 3 key components:

Education: The educational aspect of our programs is entirely self-guided. This can be anything you like, provided it can be pursued entirely online. A few examples of our participants pursuits include:

- University credits online
- Free & paid online educational courses. Anything from graphic design to digital marketing
- Creative projects
- Entrepreneurial ideas

Community: We handpick a group of inspiring, motivated, and fun people from our pool of applicants who we know you'd love to spend 6 or 12 weeks living and learning with.

Travel: We arrange all accommodation and logistics of the program and you will have Program Coordinators with you 24/7 to make sure you have the life changing experience that so many find on our programs

• Deeply understand the culture and environment of South East Asia by living for 1 month each in Bali (Indonesia), Chiang Mai (Thailand), and Koh Lanta (Thailand)
  • Complete university credits online moving yourself closer to completion of a degree, or pursue any other educational/creative/entrepreneurial endeavour you like.
  • Swim with Manta rays, Learn Scuba diving, Bathe Elephants, and Climb Active Volcanoes, just to name a few of the adventures you can expect to experience
  • Leave with a family of carefully selected and like-minded peers from all over the world that you've lived and learned alongside for 3 months.

10% off when you confirm your place on any upcoming program before February 15th!

Use code GOOVERSEAS when you fill out part 1 of your application and you'll receive 10% off the program fees for any program listed on our website, if you pay your deposit before February 15th.

Amber

Edumadic

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I applied to Edumadic. All I knew was I had hit a brick wall after my second year in college and that I wanted to travel. Only seeing the Edumadic add on instagram once before I decided what could it hurt to apply! After some extended research on the legitimacy of the program I realized that this was exactly what I needed. I had traveled before but always with friends, I was always to hesitant to go alone.

Sitting on the plane to Bali, all I could think about was have I made the right decision. That was the only time during the 12 weeks that I ever doubted that decision. Throughout those 12 weeks I snorkeled in the Gili islands, hiked up an active volcano in the night for sunrise, learned to surf, spent an entire day playing with rescued elephants in Thailand, drove a scooter along the coastline of Koh Lanta, and made life long friends in the process.

Edumadic was one of the best decisions I could have ever made for myself. Not only am I confident traveling alone now but I finally found my passion in life. One of the most important things I learned over there was that you have to constantly push yourself out of your comfort zone to grow as an individual. For that I came home a better and more confident person that I always wished to become, all thanks to Edumadic!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking thing about the whole trip is actually forcing yourself to get on the plane not knowing a single person and not knowing what to expect once you land!
Erin

Edumadic... Adventures of a lifetime

When I first came across Edumadic I was living in a tiny flat in London doing a degree I wasn’t at all enjoying, squatting under some stairs as protection from the rain after having lost my keys down a questionable public toilet, waiting for a friend to come and let me in. It looked idyllic, suddenly there it was, all these beach sunsets, mountains and annoyingly happy looking people. I applied on a bit of a whim and then before I knew it I was accepted onto the program! Slipping a deferral form under my Drama department door and packing my bags.

I may have been tad nervous at the idea of hopping of to a strange country, with people I’d never met, to take a course I’d always thought about doing but never had time for, that had absolutely nothing to do with the degree I was enrolled on…

It was the best decision I could have made for myself at that time.

I’m now qualified to teach English all over the world thanks to Edumadic and their friendly nudge. It gave me the perfect safe and supportive learning environment while encouraging me to go off and have incredible adventures with some of the most inspiring and wonderful people I’ve ever met. It was an impulse I couldn’t be more glad I followed through with and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Fermin

My experience with Edumadic

Long term travel is something that's always been on my radar, and I finally had the opportunity to make it a reality with Edumadic. The opportunity to combine it with online education was too good to turn down. The experience as a whole has taught me so much about living in different countries and helped me grow as a person alongside a group of inspiring people. Being able to share memorable experiences through our adventures was golden. The atmosphere was so friendly and everyone in the group had something to add, which often led to great conversation. The Edumadic team were always on hand which was a lifesaver on more than one occasion!

It was a hell of a ride and helped me gain some much needed perspective after graduating. Not to mention the friends and memories I made, which I will cherish for a long time to come.

When taking this journey, its best to begin with a very open mind and getting ready to converse a lot. You will learn so much from the people you meet, so build bridges!
Tae

tmichie’s review

When accepting the Edumadic offer, all I wanted was to be out of corporate life. I had no real idea of where I was going or what was in store. The locations were some I knew very little about, and most likely never would have traveled to if it weren’t as part of this Program. I had worked remotely before, so time management wasn’t an issue. The reason for not traveling until now was the fear of being an “ignorant American”. I soon learned that it’s not so bad to be ignorant of the world if you’re devoted to fixing it.

I fell in love with the cultures I was exposed to and found close friendships in every place we visited. Being surrounded by like-minded people from all over gave me a larger taste of the world, more than I could ever taste at home.

I long for the crazy adventures, late night talks, and cuddles shared between my newly found family. I am incredibly grateful for the people I met, for they have validated many things in my existence and helped me develop a greater sense of myself.

Joshua Clarence

Total Eye Opener

Edumadic for me was the leap I needed to move my ambitions and aspirations forward. Travelling is something that has always been a dream of mine and this was the perfect stepping stone to make that dream a reality.

My personal experience on this trip was mind-blowing and unforgettable. The opportunities for growth were endless. I was exposed to different cultures, inspiring travelers, beautiful sites, delectable food, and adventures galore all while keeping myself in check with studies and work. It couldn't have been more perfect!

It led to me being able to calmly walk out of my comfort zone when meeting people during solo travel. I yearn for the day I'm able to repeat another 3 month or more of travelling and repeating the same process again. There's nothing quite like it!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Perform with ladyboys on a random night in Chiang Mai ;)
Rylee

Edumadic Fall 2018

When I first applied to Edumadic, I wasn't really sure what to expect. I had only seen one post on instagram of an insanely photogenic beach and impulsively followed the link and filled out the application form without any further research until I was contacted for the first interview.

I had been considering taking my next semester fully online and maybe working or road-tripping the United States, but didn't really think about international travel just because I had never done anything that huge before; and honestly, it is crazy daunting to think of traveling internationally on your own for the first time. When I saw the opportunity that Edumadic offered, it really made sense- the ability to travel fairly independently, but also to have the knowledge and experience of guides who knew what they were doing.

The trip itself was more than I thought it would be-- I made lifelong friendships with people that helped me grow, we traveled to places that I never even knew existed and I finished my two year degree all in the span of three months.

The people organizing the trip were supportive and helpful, and being around other students really forced me to study and do my work despite the potentially distracting settings.

Overall my trip gave me more confidence and a better idea of what I want to do with my life!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Getting on that first plane out of LA! This was my first trip basically on my own, and I was so nervous to leave. But it was so amazingly worth it!
Jorien

Edumadic

From travelling model to travelling student was a big change in lifestyle but I'm so happy I took the leap. I joined the program to give myself time to learn, read, explore and figure out my next step in life. And I certainly did all of those things, from hammocks in India, cafés in Thailand, and Villas in Bali!

Throughout this trip I did things I would never have dreamt before. I've kayaked 3 kilometres round an island in the Arabian Sea and surfed in Bali, which is quite the feat if you consider I was scared of the sea when I first arrived! I've climbed active volcanoes in the middle of the night, driven a scooter through the mountains of northern Thailand for 4 hours, and fallen in love with Muay Thai. It's safe to say my comfort zone has been well and truly shattered!

As well as my fellow Edumads, I met lots of people who opened my eyes to the world that we live in and the opportunities available to me if I had the bravery and curiorisity to seek them out. These are the lessons that travel itself teaches you, that no university, book, or online course can.

Someone once said that travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer, that is definitely true of my Edumadic experience!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Hiking the Batur Vulcan on Bali was a great experience!
Jesse

Adventure of a Lifetime

12 weeks, 3 homes, 9 cities visited, 53 online lessons from 8 different educational platforms, 5 songs learnt on guitar, 39 yoga sessions, and most importantly, 11 friends for a lifetime ❤.

Having followed the standard cycle of “study hard, get good grades, and repeat” all my life, and before entering the next round of “work hard, get promotions, and repeat” phase, I’m glad Edumadic has come in, twisted my lifeline, and showed me what more is out there. Yes, travelling and studying could co-exist; no, foreigners are not monsters; and hey, I can and I will do
the crazy things like cliff jumping, free diving, and windsurfing with my fellow Edumads!

“I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks”. - Twelfth Night, Shakespeare

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would get my motorcycle license before travelling
Charlotte

Edumadic Experience

Edumatic provided an opportunity for an experience at a time when I sorely needed one. Just having graduated from teacher’s college, I wasn’t ready to jump into my career, and was really looking for an opportunity to explore the world for a few months. I couldn’t really justify taking 3 months off just to travel, and Edumatic created an ideal environment to take a few extra teaching courses online while living abroad. Not only were locations vetted and hand-picked to best suit the life of a travelling student, but the organization succeeded in bringing together a community of people all committed to pursuing online education. Group leaders were great about helping to plan trips and excursions, while still allowing us enough free time for study or independent travel. I personally enjoyed the fact that I always had somebody available to recommend the best experiences/activities in the area we were staying, but was also given the freedom to explore at my own pace. I’ve made some wonderful friendships and cultivated a love for Southeast Asia thanks to Edumatic. I would highly recommend this experience to those looking for a fun new adventure with a group of like-minded travellers.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Getting on the plane for a foreign country that I’d never travelled to before!
William

Time well spent

I found Edumadic at a point in my life where I stood at a figurative fork in the road with three paths to choose from, each holding a drastically different future for me. The first of these paths involved me continuing to work. The second path had me pursuing my passion to travel, and the third was a familiar one that lead back to school to chase another piece of paper to frame and hang on the wall.

Edumadic provided me a program that merged two of these paths allowing me to pursue them simultaneously. It allowed me to travel to Asia, a place I wouldn't of travelled to on my own due to a stigma that had been placed in my head by the media and my surroundings. I can now confidently say that I have never been more wrong in my life and I never would’ve thought I'd enjoy this part of the world as much as I did.

It also allowed me take the third path and advance my education in an unconventional way. Most people advance their education from a stationary campus but with Edumadic my campus was wherever I wanted it to be. By taking online courses I could study from anywhere I pleased be that a beach in India, a co-working space in Chiang Mai or a coffee shop in Bali.

Finally Edumadic put together a very well selected group of people with similar goals and compatible personalities that not only made the journey a productive one but an extremely fun one. Many think travelling and studying can't go hand in hand but when you are surrounded by a group of like minded people who all have their own studies to pursue it makes it possible. Through this journey with Edumadic I have made memories and relationships with people that will stay with me forever.

Allison

Being afraid, but doing it anyway

I’d had dreams of long term travel since college. Fast forward to late 2017: I’m working full time in my field and living in a big city. And I feel stuck.

I came across Edumadic on Instagram, and decided to go for it after much deliberation because it seemed to address my very specific desires. I wanted to leave the city I was living in, I wanted to travel, and I wanted to develop professionally.

Having travelled internationally before, I wasn’t afraid to hop on a plane alone to another country. But I was nervous about losing focus on my studies, making friends, and well, just being able to explore these new destinations. My fears were quickly assuaged; between dizzyingly narrow coastal climbs, regular sunset escapes to the beach, or a good old-fashioned study session at a cute cafe, my Edumadic experience was just like what I dreamed of in college — and then some. The Edumadic team and my fellow Edumads were instrumental in this unforgettable period of my life.

In a situation like the one I had been in, it can be hard to realize your life needs a disruption. Edumadic was the disruption I needed, and I am so thankful that I chose this path. It has allowed me to test the waters of living in another country and remote working, and in doing so I move forward with more confidence and intention.

Enjoy the ride. This is an extremely rewarding experience!

Second, and this is just as important, the flexibility of this program is a blessing, so it's important to find a schedule or routine that works for you to achieve your goals! It took me a few days to find what worked for me but when I did I felt like I really found the balance of work and play that Edumadic affords its travellers.
Anna

Living My Best Life

When talking to my friends back home while away on my Edumadic trip, the only words I could come up with to describe my experience were, “I’m out here living my best life”. This is what I told them time and time again when they asked how things were going this statement was completely true. My time with Edumadic was extremely fulfilling not only educationally through the courses I completed, but socially as well, being surrounded by people that wanted to experience and explore the world in the same way I did.

Before Edumadic, I spent many days at the desk of my dead end administrative job dreaming of being a digital nomad and traveling all over, but the idea of starting it alone was daunting, and what if I hated it? Edumadic was a great way to test the waters of working in different locations and I now have the confidence to go it alone should I be lucky enough to land a remote position. I also have more confidence in following my own path and doing what feels right for me versus following the “normal” path society expects of us.

The new people, places, and experiences I came across in my three months with Edumadic have opened my eyes to things I never would have experienced had I stayed where I was, and I will be forever grateful for it.

Allow yourself to fully enjoy and embrace every new experience that comes your way. This is your chance to try new things and experience different ways of life. Taking yourself outside of your comfort zone can lead to some pretty great memories.
Erin

An Amazing Experience!!

Traveling with Edumadic was an amazing experience. It was comforting to know all accommodations were organized by Edumadic's team of experienced travelers. Edumadic also provided a small group of like-minded individuals to travel with. This little group becomes so tight it's like being part of a family by the end of the trip.

Most importantly what I gained from all of it was confidence in myself, and comfort in knowing I can pursue whatever it is that I want. It taught me that you don’t have to choose between a dream of traveling and an education.

I’ll never forget the friends I made, the wonderful foods I tried, the scooter rides across the most beautiful island, the crystal clear beaches we swam in, and relaxing in a hammock watching the stars feeling overwhelmingly grateful to be having this experience."

Melissa

Never too late to travel!

I took a huge leap of faith with Edumadic and quit my career to see if it was possible to explore new opportunities while traveling with the benefit of unlimited vacation time. I thought the best case scenario would be if I connected with some interesting people and had a few memorable adventures to look back on.

Now I can say that best case scenario x100 wouldn't do justice to the last three months. I formed lifelong friendships with everyone and I can't imagine not having those crazy, adventurous spirits in my life! The entire experience challenged what I already knew about travel, it constantly forced me out of my comfort zone, and I discovered that I'm a lot more fearless than I thought!

I became super motivated to find a remote job to continue lifelong learning and exploring, and I actually did it. I owe it all to Edumadic for helping me take a different path and life and filling it with adventure.

Leave all of your comforts and reservations at home. You will learn so quickly how easily the mind and body can adapt to new environments, new people, and new living conditions. There is so much to learn about yourself and the world by allowing yourself to fully immerse and take it all in without comparing anything to what you have or do or eat back home.
Madeline

Edumadic - South East Asia

After an 8-month backpacking bender, I returned home to complete my degree and graduated from University. Soon after, I was in a bit of a rut, trying to figure out what to do next - pursue higher education or feed my travel urges. I knew that online courses existed but I also knew how difficult it would be to balance school work with traveling, especially living in hostels with other backpackers, having to fight against FOMO on a daily basis.

Edumadic came into my life at the perfect time! Once I found the program, I applied for a Masters program which could be completed entirely online. Fast forward a few months, I was studying a field that I’m extremely passionate about, all while traveling South East Asia with like-minded students/travellers. Edumadic gave me the perfect balance of online studies, socialization, independence, and traveling. It also takes the stress away from planning accommodations, weekend trips and day to day activities.

Not only has Edumadic given me the chance to focus on my studies while traveling the world, it also brought so many amazing people into my life, many of whom I consider to be my closest friends. Edumadic gave me the chance to face my fears, step out of my comfort zone, become more dedicated in my field of studies, see more of the world, and make life-long memories with amazing people!

Take in every moment, and live every day to the fullest. Make a schedule to balance both academics and social life. Don't miss out on once in a life time opportunities because you procrastinated on a project. Bring a journal, write things down. Take pictures. Meet the locals and get to know your fellow Edumads. You will consider these foreign places your home away from home, and other Edumads your second family. Try new things. Face your fears. Eat the local cuisine. Step out of your comfort zone. Wear sunscreen.