Seamester: Transpacific from Tahiti to Australia- 66/80 days

Seamester: Transpacific from Tahiti to Australia- 66/80 days

Sailing from Tahiti to Australia is known as one of the world's most amazing trade wind sails; yachtsmen the world over call it "The Coconut Run."

It begins when you cast off your stern line from the dock in Papeete and 66 days, 3500 nautical miles and 6 credits later, the voyage ends as you tuck your bow behind the Great Barrier Reef into the protected waters of Queensland, Australia.

In between, you get to hoist and lower the sails of a beautiful schooner, anchor in secluded lagoons, catch fish straight from the Pacific Ocean, anchor off the reefs of Raratonga, climb and hike with natives of the Tonga Archipelago and participate in a Kava ceremony with the chief of a Fijian village. Are we missing something here? Not likely - but YOU will be missing something to tell your grandkids someday if you don't sign up early enough to be among those fortunate enough to remember every day along the way.

Oceania » Fiji
Airfare
Application Fee
Deposit
12 academic credits from the University of South Florida

International Yachtmaster Training (IYT): International Crew Certificate, Navigation
Master and Master of Yachts 200 Ton Theory (course based on experience)

PADI Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue or Divemaster Certification

Over 4000 nautical miles

Hayes
Auburn, Alabama
Auburn University

Go

I stumbled upon SeaMester not knowing what to expect as I boarded Argo to sail from Tahiti to Australia. I’m fortunate to have family that signed me up for this trip and pretty much forced me to go. I am not required to write this review but have never had a better experience in my life and therefore feel compelled to. We saw humpback whales swim along our schooner. We dove the Great Barrier Reef. We danced in small island bars across the South Pacific, and best of all we formed a bond as a crew that will never be broken. These memories were etched into our minds to be cherished for a lifetime. These are things I never thought I would do and it brings tears to my eyes to think I almost missed out on these experiences, these people. Don’t hesitate like I did. Sign up now and take the first step towards something you will never regret.

its perfect just go

Blake

80 Day (Tahiti - Australia) Summer Trip

I have wanted to do the SeaMester program for 3 years before I finally made the call to do it. I can say that not only was it worth the wait, but I am so glad I did not decide to go with any other program out there. SeaMester is literally EXACTLY what I was looking for and not only met my expectations but exceeded them ten-fold. I had the opportunity to travel to some of the most remote and beautiful places on earth and places that most will ever dream of going. Along with that, I also go the sailing knowledge and skill that I was looking for. When you add all of this onto the amazing people on the trip, you get an experience that you will tell for the rest of your life. I can relive almost every day of the trip and I would not change anything if I had the chance. I am so glad I made the choice to participate in such a program and I can promise anyone that decides to go will be nothing but grateful for the time spent aboard.

Zoe
West Springfield MA
Soka University of America

Graded >10

So grateful to have had the opportunity to study with Seamester this past summer (Tahiti-Australia 80 day). In addition to visiting unique places I probably never would have seen, I also made lifetime friends who have become a second family to me. Despite difficulties of seasickness or no personal space, this program is worth it because you grow and change into the person you want to be. I've learned so much, and I know that my Seamester family will always be there to support me if I need them. I've left with my head full of new knowledge from the classes, and wonderful memories I will cherish always. Thanks Seamester, for the incredible summer and all the opportunities. I still can't believe it's over.

Make it longer, or find a cure for seasickness. Honestly, this was one of the best experiences of my life, and even the difficulties have transformed me in a good way.

Simon

Best experience of my life

This is an incredible experience and it was the best summer of my life. From exploring and sailing across the ocean in the South Pacific to meeting life long friends I can't imagine another experience that even comes close. I can't think of a better way to learn about marine biology or oceanography than taking classes on an ocean and doing labs by scuba diving and looking at marine life or coral that we were studying in class earlier in the day. This trip gives you appreciation for hard work with fun and a sense of adventure.

Seamester offers unique educational voyages where students spend their time sailing between countries and continents. For more than 40 years, we have consistently delivered outstanding educational experiences for students. We design our programs to provide engaging learning experiences with real outcomes in ways that are