View Other Details
A globally focused, research-led university, National University of Ireland Galway (NUI Galway) was established in 1845 and its iconic quadrangle building welcomed students four years later. Today it is home to 18,000 students, 4,000 of which are international, from 110 countries.
You’ll be able to choose from the University's extensive variety of course offerings in the humanities, sciences, business, engineering and law. To make the most out of the study abroad experience, many students take advantage of courses in Irish history, language and culture.
Special Academic Opportunities: NUI Galway offers both a service learning option for study abroad students, as well a practice-based learning of indigenous Irish music, song and dance.
While all instruction is officially in English, NUI Galway maintains a strong commitment to Irish language which is spoken both on campus and in the surrounding area.
- Galway is distinguished in the med-tech field with numerous industry leaders based in the city, and NUI Galway features a Biomedical Science building that supports the research of other 300 scientists
- Arcadia excursions enhance cultural immersion and provide meaningful context
- The city is home to numerous cultural amenities and a lively sense of history and culture
- Campus life features 160 clubs and societies, sporting facilities (including a swimming pool)
- The city is the most international in Ireland, and is also known as Ireland’s cultural capital. It’s situated in the unique landscape and cultural frame of the west of Ireland.