View Other Details
Established in 1845 as Queen’s College Cork, and welcoming 115 students when it officially opened in 1849, University College Cork (UCC) is ranked in the top 2% of universities in the QS world university rankings, and 21,000 students now call it home.
The university is known for a commitment to innovation and forward-thinking, as evidenced by the appointment of the first female professor in the UK and Ireland, Mary Ryan, in 1910.
UCC ranks highly in many areas, among them graduate employability, and is the top Irish university for highly cited researchers and research impact. The university has also fostered a deep investment in sustainability and is ranked 9th worldwide by UI Green Metric, the first worldwide ranking on university sustainability, for five years in a row. UCC is the first university in the world to be awarded the International Green Flag for Environmental Friendliness.
- Arcadia excursions are part of the program and enhance cultural immersion while providing meaningful context for your coursework
- UCC offers many unique academic opportunities: music is a particular strength, with courses ranging from African to Indian to traditional Irish music
- The campus is located on a 42-acre site ten minutes outside Cork city on Ireland's southern coast
- UCC offers a vibrant, friendly campus with 100 student societies to choose from
- Facilities are top-notch and include one of the leading indoor sports centers in Ireland