This program offers students the opportunity to explore what it means to assume the responsibilities of global citizenship from the lived experience of a specific place. Living in Dublin, studying at IPSL's partner, The Institute of Art, Design and Technology, working for community-based groups and agencies AND with easy access to the rest of the country and to Northern Ireland, students have the opportunity to immerse themselves in a rich and varied cultural heritage. Understand, first hand, the current issues of both native Irish as well as immigrants to Ireland's shores.
The Republic of Ireland's capital has transformed itself over the last 20 years from a quiet, provincial city into a modern, thriving European city. Universities abound and create a youthful energy (about 35% of Dublin's population is under 25). Lively urban areas with ancient pubs, live music and restaurants mingle with historic churches and libraries, ancient ruins and beautiful green spaces.
- IPSL programs focus on experiential learning, ethical service & engaged research. Now the independent IPSL Institute for Global Learning is authorized to offer academic credit, issue official transcripts and confer diplomas through the Master's level.
- Experience Ireland like a local...not a tourist. Living, learning and serving with the people of Ireland gives IPSL students the opportunity to experience from "the inside"!
- Volunteer with organizations dedicated to at-risk youth; early childhood education; Alzheimer patients; patients with mental and physical disabilities; the elderly and refugee and immigrant relief and assistance
- Explore community organizing and social activism with the goal of learning how to effectively translate these ideas and techniques into a concrete knowledge of social activism that can be applied across cultures, countries, and efforts.
- IPSL is a B-Corp (Social Benefit Organization) with over 83% of profits directly returned to the people, communities & NGOs they partner with abroad.