View Other Details
This program can be customized to fit your budget. In general academic fees, transcript; orientation, pre-departure; homestay; partial board; service placement; supervision; emergency health insurance; airport transfers; excursions; administrative fees; and pre-departure materials are included.
Passport; visa (if required); background check and fingerprints for volunteer clearance; vaccine fees; international airfare; books; lunches in homestay; personal spending money; local cell phone and independent travel.
Serving alongside and living with the people of Ireland provides so many opportunities to converse with, hang out with, and explore with the locals. Grab hold of this unique opportunity to immerse in another culture like never before. Want to feel like Dublin is your new second home? Come with IPSL to Ireland!
The Republic of Ireland's capital has transformed itself over the last 20 years from a quiet, provincial city into a modern, thriving European city. Universities abound and create a youthful energy (about 35% of Dublin's population is under 25). Lively urban areas with ancient pubs, live music and restaurants mingle with historic churches and libraries, ancient ruins and beautiful green spaces.
COSA in Ireland and a Service-Learning Reflections & Practicum course anchors the academics in this program and provides a bridge of understanding between theory and the real world.
- Elective courses include: Exploring Irish Literature from the Birth of Ireland to Contemporary Times, Irish History: The Making of Modern Ireland and (in the Summer) Film Making and Digital Production for Social Justice
- Experience Ireland like a local...not a tourist. Living, learning and serving with the people of Ireland gives IPSL students the opportunity to experience from "the inside"!
- Volunteer with organizations dedicated to at-risk youth; early childhood education; Alzheimer patients; patients with mental and physical disabilities; the elderly and refugee and immigrant relief and assistance.
- Explore community organizing and social activism with the goal of learning how to effectively translate these ideas and techniques into a concrete knowledge of social activism that can be applied across cultures, countries, and efforts.
- IPSL, the founder of Service-Learning, is a global education institute within the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM.edu). They invest over 83% of their revenues directly back into the communities where they serve.