CEA Study Abroad in Dublin, Ireland

CEA Study Abroad in Dublin, Ireland

Home to hundreds of U.S. corporations, Dublin is the perfect place to study or intern abroad. Its multicultural influence makes it a hub for art, culture, history, religion, literature, business, and politics. Pub crawls, kayaking, and ghost tours are just a few of the things this walkable city offers!

You can study at the Dublin City University, the International School of Business, or at CEA’s Dublin Study Center, located in the heart of the city where the traditional Celtic and modern worlds meld! Set on a dynamic and youthful downtown campus, the CEA Dublin Center takes you out of the classroom and into the city, where you’ll enjoy first-hand encounters with local culture

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
Sociology
Women's Studies
High School Diploma
Dormitory
Included: Personalized Pre-departure Advising; Tuition & Registration; Travel Medical Insurance; On-site Orientation; Housing; Volunteer Opportunities; On-site Staff Support; Excursions and Cultural Engagement; Host Institution Services & Amenities and more. Scholarships available.

Sloan
Nashville, TN
Belmont University

Dublin!

Dublin, Ireland was the best experience I have had so far in my college career. From the amazing faculty and staff in the States and abroad, to the culture that I was able to immerse myself in for four months, to all of the traveling I was able to do and all of the people I had the opportunity of meeting. While the housing arrangements were not ideal (Dublin has a housing crisis and our apartments were not the greatest-- #ArchwayCourtForever), the experience was so incredibly worth it. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone looking to study abroad. I participated in the service learning program in Dublin and worked with elementary school aged kids in an after school program. Dublin, Ireland has my heart and I will be back not soon enough.

The housing situation, though it is very difficult to find housing in Dublin. At times it seemed like all of our professors gave us presentations/papers/projects at the exact same time. I think for the students' sake, the assignments should be more spread out.

Kelsey
Chicago, Illinois
Illinois State University

Best Decision Ever

The bus trips were the favorite part of the trip for me. The staff at CEA shared so much of their knowledge with us & made my experience even better. Getting to go on weekend trips with them helped me learn more than I would if i was traveling alone. Take advantage of the staff being there to help! Ask them questions! The more you ask the more you are going to lean on your trip! Don't be afraid to try & explore with your friends. It is a great opportunity to just walk around Dulbin & try to find your way around. You will see things that you haven't seen before. The more you explore, the more comfortable you will feel as the trip continues. When you get there, find places to get groceries around your apartment to make sure you know where to go if you need anything. Lastly, don't sit around in your apartment. I know you're going to be tired, but you don't want to regret not taking all the opportunities you could to see other places.

The one thing I would want changed is the living condition. The location & apartments were nice except for the fact that they were not cleaned very well.

Allie
Wisconsin

Life-changing

From the moment my plane landed, to the final dinner night, I was supported and guided by staff throughout. They were constantly available and more than willing to help with any question, whether academic or not.

I felt incredibly safe in Dublin. Though I wouldn't recommend it, I wasn't bothered once while walking home alone on a weekend night.

Though the housing was very different from what an on-campus American accommodation is like, I loved it. There were some struggles with the different heat and electricity systems, but everything was worked out by our school's administration.

In terms of academics, I was completely blown away by the difference. Instead of being drilled with daily assignments, weekly terminology quizzes, and giant textbooks, I learned hands-on application in my field. I felt more prepared by the classes I took in Dublin than the past year and a half at my American school.

bklokke
Edwardsville, Illinois
Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville

Dublin: Spring 2012

Its hard to believe that it has almost been a year since I left Dublin. I studied abroad in the Spring semester, 2012. Before leaving for Dublin I would have never imagined the impact that studying abroad would have on my life, perspective, and future goals and plans. When I returned home from Dublin people would say, "so how was it?" That was suprisingly a tough quesition. How could I describe a whirlwind of four months in a few words? I met people from all over the world that had grown up so differently from me but, yet, when I got to know them, they weren't that different at all. We had similar tastes in music and even liked the same basketball team. I made life long friends that I still keep in touch with today (I even got to skype with a few friends from Paris last week). I can't wait to go back to Europe (I'm even looking for jobs overseas after I graduate in May) and I encourage everyone that has the opportunity to study abroad to go! Many people think that you must know a foriegn language to go abroad but the CEA Dublin program allowed me to go abroad, but speak English.

Go with CEA!

With 20 destinations across 11 countries, CEA Study Abroad offers an ideal balance of academics, internships, and adventure to more than 4,000 students each year. Find out where learning abroad can take you by clicking the “Visit Site” button and exploring our many options.

Why