View Other Details
Ireland's friendliest university
As the fastest-growing university in Ireland, Maynooth University is a friendly, welcoming blend of old and new. It is simultaneously one of Ireland’s youngest universities, founded in the tradition of one of Ireland’s oldest. Established just 20 years ago as one of the four constituent colleges of the National University of Ireland, it traces its origins to the founding of St Patricks College Seminary in 1795. Maynooth ranked #43 in the top 100 universities under 50 years old in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and is home to 13,000 students, among them over 2,200 international students from 95 countries.
The university is strongly focused on the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences, and maintains a deep commitment to research, teaching and engagement. It boasts particular strengths in anthropology, celtic studies, the arts and education as well as business, science, and electronic engineering.
- On campus, you are encouraged to join any of the hundred available Clubs and Societies, where you’ll get involved and make friends.
- This university is also the only one in Ireland to offer a credit-bearing school-based classroom observation experience for education majors.
- Located an easy commutable distance away from Dublin, Maynooth is a cozy, friendly Irish town with plenty of amenities.
- Campus architecture is a mix of old and new, and you’ll have access to a new library, along with restaurants, cafes, and a bookshop.
- When you want to visit the big city, Dublin is a short bus or train ride away.