CIEE International Relations in Haifa, Israel

Haifa’s multi-faceted communities provide a unique backdrop to study international relations, psychology, Middle Eastern studies, and peace and conflict studies. The prestigious University of Haifa is CIEE’s partner school and your host for coursework in English, Arabic, or Hebrew on anthropology, cultural studies, international relations, literature, media, psychology, religious studies, and more. A specialized honors program in Peace and Conflict Studies and a unique Psychology Track combines focused coursework with practical research and internship opportunities. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.

• Participate in special honors programs in peace and conflict studies. Intern in one of the many NGOs and local organizations.
  • Study at a leading university with cutting-edge research centers in a city known for ethnic and religious diversity.
  • Start or continue learning Hebrew or Arabic.

New Virtual Global Innovation Internship: CIEE x Hacker Exchange!

For ambitious students (who aren’t going to let something as inconvenient as a global pandemic impact their future plans).

Combine a 1-week entrepreneurial bootcamp with global industry professionals with a with 7- or 11-week virtual internship at companies around the world and gain job-ready skills to get you hired!

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Samantha

Haifa, Israel Study Abroad Experience

I loved studying abroad in Israel, of all the study abroad programs I have been in, this is definitely the best one. I had so much support in Israel from CIEE, we also had many trips both from the university of Haifa and from CIEE that I never felt unsafe or like I had no one to ask for advice. I also can say that even though we always had support from Martha (CIEE advisor in Israel), I never felt restricted or limited to explore the country and the culture. I definitely recommend anyone that would like to have a different experience to go to Israel with this program. I made amazing friends, learned a lot from the culture, country, history, society and I also learned a lot about myself in the time I spent there. I also have to say that Israel is probably the country where I have felt the safest from all the countries I have lived in. You will have a lot of fun here and learn a lot from the region. Studying abroad in Israel is different than studying abroad anywhere else. If you like to go out of your comfort zone, go to Israel, you won't regret it!

Liran

A New Outlook

This program was truly life-changing! As a dual citizen, I had been to the country many times before but no trip left an impact as much as this one did. While in Haifa I got to experience a whole new side to Israel. I lived and studied at the gorgeous campus location and I had an internship down in the city. Learning to live on my own while across the globe was an absolutely incredible experience! The staff at the university and in CIEE were such a great support system and helped me with any question I had, even something as simple as "where should I go grocery shopping?". I made lifelong friends and memories and am eternally grateful that I chose to study abroad in Haifa, Israel! 100% recommend this program and everything that comes with it!

Eric

Amazing!

Wow what a wonderful experience. Almost two years later, I still think about my study abroad experience every day. My experience in CIEE was wonderful. I took the Peace & Conflict program through CIEE which was located at the University of Haifa. CIEE added much to the study abroad experience. Not only were the classes dense and full of great material that fit my major, but through the program I was also given opportunities to experience going river rafting, explore new cities, practice my Hebrew, talk about conflicts of Israel, and see ancient sites dating back to thousands of years ago. If you are on the fence about going to Israel, I recommend taking the leap and just doing it. I never once felt unsafe, in harm, nor did I ever feel that the program inhibited my ability to explore on my own. The staff are all very helpful, the course material is all very interesting, and the view of Haifa (and the whole north of Israel) from the university is stunning. I 100% recommend going.

Talia

Most Amazing Experience

This Study Abroad Program was the most amazing experience I have ever had. CIEE welcomes you warmly to the country with amazing staff and immediately makes you feel comfortable and at home. Traveling to the Middle East can be a little stressful, but once I stepped off the plane at Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv, I was met by the program leader, who without a doubt was the sweetest person I have ever met. Any sense of uneasiness I had been feeling was immediately gone and replaced with excitement. CIEE gives you opportunities to travel and learn the history and cultures of the country. University of Haifa also gives you opportunities to travel with planned weekend excursions. If you are planning to travel around the country independently, the train is the best (and my favorite) way to get around. The train ride to Tel Aviv from Haifa was around an hour and a half and is best done as a weekend trip. Also purchase a bus pass (rav kav) so you don't have to search for coins or awkwardly hand the bus driver a large bill and wait for change every time you want to go somewhere. Rav kavs also make it so you don't have to pay twice if you get off and back on within an hour and a half period.
Also, eat your way through this country. I promise it will not disappoint.
The people you meet on this program are so incredibly special. I cannot express how much I loved this program. I hope that everyone who goes has an equally amazing experience.