For the student looking for something authentically Japanese, experience Kyoto and the surrounding area with Athena Study Abroad! Athena's Kyoto program exposes students to the traditional and contemporary spirit of Japan. Students take courses designed to give insight into the history and significance of Japan as well as exposing them to the aesthetic beauty of this unique country.
The classes do not just take place in a classroom setting. Many excursions are integrated into the program, such as a tea ceremony, kabuki theater, Golden Pavilion, bamboo forest and many more!
The school, Hellenic International Studies in the Arts (HISA) brings about an interaction between students who desire more than a traditional lecture format and talented teachers and artists who wish to share their experience and knowledge. Athena/HISA's Kyoto program coordinator is a native of Japan, so all participants have the benefit of her innate knowledge and access to this tight-knit culture
- Gain hands-on learning in Japan while immersed in an inside-out classroom.
- Enjoy Japan’s festival season, with our summer program coinciding with numerous Kyoto festivals.
- Witness the Old and New of Japan while going on tours to modern metropolis and ancient villages.
- Experience true, full immersion into the Japanese culture.
- Learn outside the classroom with a small group, ensuring personalized attention from the teacher.