Ecology and Conservation Summer Studies in Kenya

Spanning across three diverse locations, our Ecology & Conservation Study Abroad Program invites students to explore the complex relationship between Kenya’s indigenous communities, land, water and wildlife. Students will leave this 4 week program with heightened cross-cultural responsiveness, an awareness of their responsibility as global citizens, and the ability to think critically to solve real problems in our complex and changing world. This program will provide students with an understanding of historical and current threats to biodiversity in East Africa, expose participants to regenerative practices, and equip participants with field-based skills to observe and apply practical solutions to the needs of specific target groups.

• Learn from the ongoing successful community-based conservation projects in the famous Maasai Mara conservancies
  • Gain insight into a successful forest restoration project at Brackenhurst
  • Put theory into practise as you assess the local Wetlands areas

Oli

Immersive, interactive and intellectual

I can only speak on behalf of the Maasai Mara aspect of the course. The material stimulating academically and offered a great introduction into the life of field-Biologist/researchers. The content was able to challenge my ideals and without giving too much away, was able to change my perspectives on areas of conservation that I thought I was immovable on. It was great to be immersed in such rich culture whilst sharing the experience with a range of international students with a range of different perspectives on the world. Kenya is a beautiful country with wonderful people offering an all-around enriching experience.

I would like to see more time in the Maasai Mara as the area is so unique, multifaceted and complex to even begin to comprehend.
Dave

Remarkable experience

This was my first time visiting the African continent, and I can say that I am very pleased to have come as a learner than simply a tourist. The whole experience with EDU tours has given me a completely new perspective on a new culture and system of beliefs. I would thoroughly recommend this programme to anyone who wants an immersive and new learning journey, not just in terms of academia, but also personal development.