Augsburg CGEE's Experiential Study Abroad Programs in Mexico

Augsburg CGEE's Experiential Study Abroad Programs in Mexico

Study abroad in Cuernavaca, Mexico with Augsburg CGEE. All of our programs are experiential, rooted in social justice, and focused on direct community engagement. Our Mexico programs offer internships, host family placements, included excursions, and more! Our roots run deep in the Cuernavaca community, with over 30 years' experience in the area.

Explore themes of migration and its effects on the environment with “Migration, Globalization, and the Environment.”

Learn about gender in the Mexican context with “Crossing Borders: Gender and Social Change in Mesoamerica.”

Business majors can explore what it means to be a conscientious global businessperson with “International Business and Global Citizenship.”

Social Work majors can spend a full semester abroad on a program built to replace your sophomore or junior spring semester with “Social Work in a Latin American Context.”

Explore Spanish language and Mexican culture with our summer program, “Language and Culture.”

Direct Enrollment
Cultural Studies
International Business
Liberal Arts
Peace Studies
Social Sciences
Women's Studies

Witnessing Mexico

The CGE Crossing Borders Program in Cuernavaca was an extremely significant experience in my life. The staff are incredibly well-versed in their areas of teaching as well as teaching cultural awareness. They are well connected to the community and have strong emphasis in community learning. Overall, the values of the program were very in line with my own, including their education philosophy and commitment to social justice and anti-oppression work. Cuernavaca is a beautiful city to explore with rich history and culture. My homestay experiences were the best memories I have to look back on. My Spanish improved immensely and I was able to communicate with people even with limited Spanish. This program is a must if you are passionate about cross-cultural learning and learning about cultural resistance through colonization. I learned so much about Mexico's history and culture, as well as learning more about myself everyday. This program is absolutely worth your consideration!

Crossing Borders is Amazing

I left this program inspired and filled with experiences and stories. The combination of academic integrity, experiential education, and the lessons of daily life played a huge impact on my experience. My host family for 2 months became a great support system, my internship at a local school taught me so much, and my fellow CGErs brought a richness to the learning process. Cuernavaca is a great place to study and to live; close to Mexico City, with a lot of history and culture. I left wanting more.

About Augsburg University's Center for Global Education and Experience

Their Roots: The Center for Global Education and Experience (CGEE) is affiliated with Augsburg College, a private liberal arts and sciences college located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It was founded in response to a call by the Lutheran Church for...