Explore Social Justice and Community in Mexico

Study abroad in the beautiful and complex city of Cuernavaca! The "City of Eternal Spring" has been the home of Augsburg CGEE's longest-running study center for over 35 years. All of our programs are experiential, rooted in social justice, and focus on direct community engagement. We weave real stories from people in Mexico to hear the lived realities and experiences of all types of peoples.

Students will stay with host families in the community and take classes in our study center and the Universal language school. Programs have multiple excursions built-in, including visits to rural areas (such as Amatlan, Ixtlilco El Grande), Mexico City, natural water parks, ancient pyramids, and more!

We also offer programs specialized for those majoring in:
*Social Work
*Education
*Business
*Pre-Med/Health
*Spanish
*Women/Gender/Sexuality Studies

LGBTQ-friendly, vegetarian-friendly, and dry (no alcohol) home stays are all available upon request. Come explore Mexico with us!

• Host family stays
  • Engagement with community
  • Focus on social justice
  • Excursions included
  • All levels of Spanish speakers welcome

Cora

Witnessing Mexico

The CGE Crossing Borders Program in Cuernavaca was an extremely significant experience in my life. The staff are incredibly well-versed in their areas of teaching as well as teaching cultural awareness. They are well connected to the community and have strong emphasis in community learning. Overall, the values of the program were very in line with my own, including their education philosophy and commitment to social justice and anti-oppression work. Cuernavaca is a beautiful city to explore with rich history and culture. My homestay experiences were the best memories I have to look back on. My Spanish improved immensely and I was able to communicate with people even with limited Spanish. This program is a must if you are passionate about cross-cultural learning and learning about cultural resistance through colonization. I learned so much about Mexico's history and culture, as well as learning more about myself everyday. This program is absolutely worth your consideration!

elsbeth

Crossing Borders is Amazing

I left this program inspired and filled with experiences and stories. The combination of academic integrity, experiential education, and the lessons of daily life played a huge impact on my experience. My host family for 2 months became a great support system, my internship at a local school taught me so much, and my fellow CGErs brought a richness to the learning process. Cuernavaca is a great place to study and to live; close to Mexico City, with a lot of history and culture. I left wanting more.

About Augsburg University's Center for Global Education and Experience

Their Roots: The Center for Global Education and Experience (CGEE) is affiliated with Augsburg University, a private liberal arts and sciences college located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In addition to its office in Minneapolis, CGEE runs programs in...