Get off the tourist track and experience the real Maya Day of the Dead; Janal Pixan in Mexico! Celebrate with your Mexican-Maya homestay family in Felipe Carrillo Puerto (an hour away from Tulum) Quintana Roo, Mexico and learn Spanish at Na'atik Culture and Language Institute. This unique week-long cultural immersion experience includes homestay accommodation, excursions, activities, along with 14 hours’ worth of Spanish classes; to help you really get under the skin of Mexican-Maya culture.
Dates: Saturday 26 October - Sunday 3 November 2019.
- Celebrate the Maya Day of the Dead, Janal Pixan, with a local family in Mexico.
- 14 hours worth of Spanish lessons with a native speaker.
- Visit a local Maya community and learn about their culture and traditions.
- Excursions and activities including cooking classes, kayaking at a local lagoon, and the market. Visit the Maya ruins at Coba, swim in a beautiful cenote, and snorkel in Tulum. Plus much more...
- Meet local students who attend Na'atik. Practice your Spanish and help them with their English, and learn how your booking supports our English program.