• Mexico

Direct Enrollment
Dormitory

Pricing

What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airport Transfers Classes Some Meals Transportation Travel Insurance Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare
Jul 06, 2021
Sep 06, 2022
0 travelers are looking at this program

Join Toucan Abroad and other students from around the US in this highly enriching program. We aim to expand your perspective and grow into future leaders in the field of physical therapy through exposure to the work of licensed PT specialists. You’ll shadow them while they provide expert patient care. Evolve by developing a more holistic view of yourself, your future profession, and the world through immersion into a different society.

For two weeks, you’ll engage in 40 to 60 clinical observation hours in different PT specialties. You’ll also have time to bask in the breathtaking natural beauty of Mexico and experience its rich culture.

Toucan Abroad gives you the opportunity to stand out among other PT school applicants through a unique, unparalleled experience abroad through this program.

Program Highlights

• Accumulate 40 or 60 hours of clinical observation in different PT specialties, allowing you to gain real practice alongside other undergraduates and licensed therapists.
  • Improve and practice Spanish in the professional health setting.
  • Create meaningful friendships with other students who share your dream of attending a Physical Therapy School.
  • Embark on planned excursions to a stunning rainforest, beaches, as well as other beautiful places!
  • Immerse yourself in Mexican culture, art, food, music, and more!

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Ashleigh

Puerto Vallarta PT Shadowing

This was the most incredible experience. It had the perfect work/fun balance. I learned so much about PT & I experienced so much culture. It was a beautiful trip. If I had it my way, I would live like that. My only advice is to save up as much as you can to take with you. There will be so much shopping & food that you will want to partake in! It was incredibly safe, the hotel was clean & the Blaze staff is so helpful & sweet. Go into it with an open mind & be brave. Speak the language even if you can’t, be nice, be humble & patient. Dive head first & enjoy it. 3 weeks was not enough. I could go on forever.

Pros
  • Food
  • People
  • Ambiguity
Cons
  • Expensive
serena

Once in a lifetime

There’s so many things that could be said about this program. It is honestly life changing.
It was such an experience being able to learn Physical Therapy Techniques in a different country. I was able to bring back new information to share with therapists in the states.
I also met some of the most genuine and amazing people that I wouldn’t have crossed paths if it wasn’t for this program. 💛
I am forever thankful for Phil & Fernando for being superb leaders and organizing such a great experience.
11/10 reccomend

Pros
  • People
  • Food
  • Safe Environment
Cons
  • Linen was reused the entire trip
Paola

Toucan Abroad

Ohh my gosh!! I don’t even know where to begin!! The clinic settings were all very different and the PT’s were wonderful, they explained everything they were doing with their patients and even let us be really hands on! Felipe and Fernie were absolutely amazing and had the best adventures for us when we were not in the clinics! The group I was with got along insanely quick! As well as the hotel staff that did an exceptional job at taking care of us all🫶 It was one of the best times of my life!! P.S first time traveling internationally by myself!! Will definitely do that a lot more!!❣️

Pros
  • Amazing culture
  • Stunning views
  • Wonderful adventure
Nyah

Experience of a Lifetime with Toucan Abroad

I was super hesitant to go on this trip. I had never flown by myself let alone go out of the country. However, I decided to take a chance and I am so glad I did. Not only did I learn a lot from the therapist I shadowed but I created friendships that will last forever. I got to explore Puerto Vallarta in such a unique way and the locals were so sweet and amazing which makes the experience even better. If you’re having doubts, this is your sign to go. This was uncharted territory for me but now I have found people I can turn to no matter what, reach out to physical therapist in other countries, and have the urge to travel more overseas now that I have done this trip.

Pros
  • Food
  • Friendship
  • Observation hours
Cons
  • Money for Ubers
John

Completely Exceeded my expectations, incredible experience from an incredible company!

Incredibly organized and well thought-out, Phil and Fernando do an excellent job of making everyone feel welcome and safe while also connecting us to excellent healthcare providers to learn Physical Therapy in a unique, fun, and challenging setting. During my time with Toucan Abroad I have learned how to provide healthcare in multiple settings including sports, pediatrics, geriatrics, and neurology while learning the Spanish language through communicating with patients and the professionals I worked under.

Aiyinde

Toucan Study Abroad

This was one of the best experiences of my life. I throughly enjoyed my time in Mexico. Shadowing the physical therapist, going on multiple excursions and adventures with our group was amazing. The food was good and the locals were amazing. The people that I meet while on this trip were amazing and I consider them to be like family. If you’re looking for an opportunity to get out of the country to boost your physical therapy application this is a good program to be apart of. This is a good program.

Libby

Toucan Abroad

Toucan Abroad exceeded my expectations in so many ways! I gained so much hands on experience in the clinics as well as created many connections for my future as a physical therapist! Outside of shadowing, I loved every excursion, adventure, and hang out! I made so many great friends that I would have never connected with if I didn’t take the leap to study abroad. This was very outside of my comfort zone but through the entire experience I was only encouraged to continue to push myself and grow and supported the whole way through the program!

My advice would be to say “yes” to doing everything to get the full experience and learn the most! Never miss an opportunity to part take in a group activity or a new adventure because the time goes by in a blink of an eye and you don’t want to look back and say “I wish I would have done that”!
Phillip

Toucan Abroad

This experience is something I thought I would never be a part of. The program is the best thing that has happened to me in my academic history. The people I met and the clinics I shadowed were truly the best. The people are all so similar and we clicked quicker than I have with anyone else before in my life. When going to clinics, I was expecting to be sitting around doing nothing and just watching the therapists. That was the complete opposite, we were hands on and learning. I learned more on this trip than I have before.

What was your funniest moment?
Conga line on the last night when everyone was having an incredible time