Travel / Surf Journalism - Coastal Study Abroad Program in Panama

This program is for anyone who wants to become a better writer and a more informed global citizen. Sam George, Emmy award winning documentarian and legendary surf journalist, uses every experience during the program as a learning opportunity to help students learn to see, feel, find their voice, compose features and publish. This program is a great mix of enjoying Panama City's vibrant Casco Viejo district and historic canal, as well as, spending time surfing and participating in community development on the coast. There is no better way to spend a spring break.

Wyatt

Life Changing Experience

The SeaState was an incredible experience. Hands down one of the best college classes I have ever taken. This full immersion course gave me a taste of another country's culture. I was able to see so much of Panama in just a short period amount of time. The itinerary was packed with fun events such as seeing the Panama Canal, staying in Casco Viejo (Old Town Panama City), surfing vacant breaks, island hopping, spear fishing, giving back to local communities, and much more! The class was super interesting and the professor was very encouraging to the course subject. I would do it again in a heart beat.

Jared

Life Experience

The Sea State provides a life experience that you can write on your resume?! I don't know if you can ever truly quantify a life changing trip that provides you with endless opportunities to improve as a person, but I do know one thing; it was quantified in that it was worth three upper division credits, for writing fun challenging stories, surfing, meeting new people, and spending time in an amazing place that will always flood you with fond memories of warmth and passion for a time you will never forget.

Tucker

Best College Class Ever!

This was the best college class I have ever taken because it was a full immersion class. Service work, surfing, writing, collaboration, adventure, film/photography were integrated into our lives everyday during the course. I learned more about journalism and was able to reflect on my own life and what direction I want to go in. As a film student I was able to create a film about the trip as a resume builder and to practice those skills.

About Sea State

Sea State provides surf trips for college credits. If you want to incorporate something as fun and inspiring as surfing (or learning to surf) into your studies, Sea State offers 3 credit study abroad programs during summer and winter term in either...