- Panama City
View Other Details
The Panama Tropical Research Institute is a study abroad and internship program located in a rainforest river valley in Panama. Our institute is responsible for the research and projects to help us build the world's largest, sustainable eco-village. We offer 4 main programs: Biology, Sustainable Agriculture, Design, and Outdoor Recreation and 3 semesters per year, each lasting 10 weeks. Our participants range from Gap Year students to undergrads, post-graduates, and people wanting to take a moment to reflect on the next step in their career. 80% of our participants are able to receive academic credits, including 3 hours within their major, 3 to 6 hours of internship credit, and 3 hours of self-directed or independent study credit. However, many of our students and interns come purely for their own personal experience.
- 12 years of experience, 1000+ students, 200+ universities, from 40+ countries
- Unique hands-on, immersive study abroad and internship experience in the heart of the tropical jungle
- Earn up to 12 academic credits: Agriculture, Biology, Design, Outdoor Recreation, & Sustainability courses
- Develop & lead your own research project
- Meet new friends from all over the world & explore the adventure Panama has to offer