COINED Spanish Schools in South America

COINED Spanish Schools in South America

With glaciers on one side and Caribbean beaches on the other, not to mention grassy plains, snowy peaks, deserts, salt flats and the Amazon, there is no doubt that South America is one of the most diverse lands on Earth! Yet, there is something that unites its abundance and variety – the Spanish language which is present in 9 of the 13 countries on the continent.

COINED Spanish Schools in South America provide the opportunity for students to perfect their knowledge of the second most-widely spoken language in the world. With schools in the centers of most prominent cities of Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Ecuador , students can choose a high-quality course as well as their dream travel destination!

All of the COINED schools work with the same teaching methodology, passionate and experienced teachers and staff. Students can also combine multiple destinations and programs to make their experience truly customized! COINED Schools offer not only classic Spanish courses of different intensity, but also specially-designed courses for activity-enthusiasts, professionals and groups! Visit our website for more details and choose the perfect course and location and apply directly!
Buenos Aires
Student Tour
Application Fee
Program costs depend on the destination and course type. One life registration fee of 75 USD applies to all new students.

COINED Santiago Summer 2014

I had a fantastic time in Santiago with COINED. I really liked my host family--they were quite kind to me and flexible with my schedule. If I wanted to come back late, fine. If went out to dinner, or wanted to eat dinner early, fine. I just told my host mom and everything was fine.

I went to lunch after class with my friends from the school at a variety of restaurants surrounding the school, then usually came back to the school for the activities, where we traveled around Santiago, checking out museums, houses, parks, etc. It was a great way to spend an afternoon and learn about Santiago. On weekends, I took trips to places we couldn't access in just an afternoon, and I made friends from some other schools in the area (as the weekend trips were combined with "sister schools").

The academics were great. The class sizes were small, and the teachers worked with us when we didn't understand. We read articles, spoke solely in Spanish, watched videos, and did exercises. I learned a lot and had a great time, making friends with the other students and my teachers in the process.

I would encourage a little bit of optional homework be given. Occasionally we got homework, but not too often. I think tips for how to learn spanish outside the classroom, like recording words I didn't know and studying them, conversational tips, etc., would be beneficial.

Inesquecível Chile

Quando fui para Santiago jamais imaginaria que viveria tudo que vivi. Cresci como pessoa e como mulher. Sofri por muito tempo sozinha, mas tudo começou a melhorar depois que fui ao meu primeiro dia de aula na COINED. Conheci pessoas incríveis, tanto pelos profissionais que ali trabalham como pelos alunos que estão tentando aprender ou aperfeiçoar o espanhol. Aprendi culturas diferentes e convivi com pessoas do mundo inteiro! O mais importante foi a preocupação da COINED em fazer planos para que os alunos pudessem se ligar entre si, fazendo com que o espanhol fosse praticado e que a gente conhecesse a cultura, não só de Santiago, mais de todo o Chile.
Resumindo: as pessoas, os passeios, a cidade, a escola e o clima (apesar de muito frio) foram capaz de tornar a minha viagem inesquecível...

Me gustaria que la profesora fuera más dinamica, para que las clases no sea aburrida.

Two Weeks in Chile

The day I arrived, people were really kind and helpful.
As the minutes passed by, I watched a board with activities for the whole week and it made me even more excited.
At Coined, they have this special Empanada welcome during your first day of class.
If you go, you have to go to the Terremoto Night, it's such a special night because you get to know more people and also get to prove one of their typical drinks.
I really enjoyed my stay and I'm already willing to go back.

When I discovered coined, I didn't know the name was coined... I thought it was enforex. And it made very hard to find the address. So, I think at enforex site or via email when you talk to the people they should tell you the real name.

Best experience in Santiago, Chile!!

I loved my two weeks at Coined in Santiago, I arrived on a Friday a few days before my first class started on the monday, and my host suggested I go in at midday Friday to meet students anyway! Great suggestion because I made some amazing new friends. In fact the social activities are excellent, especially enjoyed the white-water rafting, walking through Valparaiso and amazing sceneries!! Highly recommend Coined in Santiago Chile!!!!!!!!!

Great experience in Santiago

Very serious and dedicated staff. I enjoyed my time there, the courses were progressive and interactive, the small groups enable people to progress more effectively. Other students were very nice and the school offers great activities.

A wonderful experience!

I spent a month in Cordoba, in August 2011, living with a family and taking four hours of classes each day. Cordoba is a wonderful city, with friendly, helpful people. I walked 5 km to class, but the bus was an easy option, too. There are many museums, much shopping, and things to see and do. There was not much "culture shock" even though I met very few people that spoke English, and no one from the United States, apart from one other student in school. I had the opportunity to teach a class in a neighborhood school, telling Argentine students about US music and geography, as part of their English lessons. I made great friends from Brazil, Germany, Switzerland, and Argentina!

Response from COINED Spanish Programs

Hi Ron,
Thanks a lot for writing about your experience with COINED.
We are happy to hear you had a pleasant experience and got to see what Cordoba's lifestyle is like.
We hope you still preserve those wonderful friendships with people from other countries, and we want to thank you for sharing those interesting facts about the United States!

About COINED Spanish Programs

COINED, active from 1971 is an industry leader in the Latin American educational field. With Spanish schools throughout Latin America from Argentina to Mexico, internship opportunities and volunteer options in fascinating locations on the continent,...