The semester curriculum combines a Spanish Language & Culture course, COSA (Community Organizing and Social Activism) and a Reflections and Practicum course with courses relevant and current to issues that Peru and its people are grappling with. All courses are taught in English.
This unique program has been developed to build an on-going commitment to the Cusco community through a variety of service-learning placements in partnership with local NGOs. Students have the opportunity to work on a variety of sustainable, socially responsibility projects. IPSL's commitment is to promote responsible stewardship of our planet and to building a life-long commitment to responding to the needs of others through hands-on service.
- IPSL programs focus on experiential learning, ethical service & engaged research. Now the independent IPSL Institute for Global Learning is authorized to offer academic credit, issue official transcripts and confer diplomas through the Master's level.
- Visit one of the New Seven Wonders of the World! Machu Picchu!!!
- Experience Cusco like a local rather than a tourist! Living, learning and serving with local allows a richer, more meaningful experience.
- Earn up to 18 semester credits or 6 credits for the summer program!
- IPSL is a B-Corp (Social Benefit Organization) with over 83% of profits directly returned to the people, communities & NGOs they partner with abroad.