Security and Society in Warsaw, Poland

This program addresses global issues from unique perspectives. Courses in security studies, cybersecurity, terrorism & hybrid threats, democracy studies, international relations, diplomacy, identity, Jewish studies, and more. Build your resume even more with a research internship at the Terrorism Research Center.

Summer: the courses are run block style. Take up to three courses, or two courses + internship.

Semester: join a diverse student body and combine course work and a research internship with the Terrorism Research Center.

See the Security and Society in Warsaw, Poland website for full details.

Program Highlights
  • Examine global issues from unique perspectives.
  • A unique line-up of courses and research internships brings together experts and ambitious students for a dynamic learning experience.
  • The course is designed to be both a resume booster and an introduction to a country that is less familiar, but leading the growth of Central Europe.
  • Study at Collegium Civitas, in the very center of Warsaw.
  • Each semester more than 50 courses in English are offered in areas of international relations, sociology, strategy, business and marketing, new media and journalism, economics, security, diplomacy and more.

Jonah

SRAS Warsaw Program

I studies with SRAS in Warsaw, Poland in the summer of 2019 and had an amazing experience. I studied World War Two history and got fully immersed in it by visiting several museums and historic sites all included in the program. My professor was amazing and I learned so much! This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in history or security in East Europe. It is also a great gateway into the region as you don't need to know Polish to live and learn there. I highly recommend this program!!!

Benjamin

Collegium Civitas Alum 2015

I had an excellent experience in this course and learned a great deal about European history, politics and culture, both past and present. I look back on my experience in Warsaw as the moment that truly sparked my interest in public policy and international affairs, and can draw a line from my time in that program to my current occupation as an analyst in the federal government. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in history (particularly the history of WWII and the Cold War), foreign policy, and European affairs.

Come in with an open mind, an eagerness to learn, and be see, eat, and experience some amazing things in Poland and beyond!