“The best way to learn Portuguese: fast, fun, immersion."
As a sovereign island off the coast of Africa, Cape Verde is one of the safest and cheapest places to learn Portuguese in the world. Students achieve proficiency 3X faster than in an American classroom by combining intensive daily classes with practice around the island. Stanford and Emory alumni who studied abroad extensively and learned languages by complete immersion joined forces to build this incredible 21st-century study abroad experience for students also looking to pick up a Romance language quickly. Students go on group excursions once a week in Praia or around the Santiago island and have at least one meal per day covered entirely by the program cost, with plenty of free time after class every day to spend at the beach next door.
Summer 2017 Fellowship Dates: May 21 - June 17, June 18 - July 15, July 16 - August 12. Apply now before the spots fill up! https://aprendeport.org/apply/
View Program Information
* Housing accommodation with other students
* Planned meals weekday breakfasts + 2 group lunch / dinners per week
* Classroom Instruction coordinated by T.C.F. staff
* Travel health insurance via HTH Worldwide
* Local phone (for in-country calls only)
* WiFi access (speed varies by location)
* Professional staff support at host site
* One group excursion per week
* Transport to and from excursions
* Orientation with Arrival Package
* Dedicated pre-trip support from D.C. team