Scottish Universities International Summer School

This program is ideal for students with a love for creative writing or a passion for British and Irish literature, or a zest for theater and performance. You will have the opportunity to work with accomplished British writers and study with students from around the world. The short-term, intensive courses run from early July to late August, and credit can be awarded at either the undergraduate or graduate level.

Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Excursions may include: Firbush Activity Weekend, and Luss Highland Games & The Hill House.

Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories. With Arcadia, you can: Enjoy academic success, explore a new world, get to know yourself, rely on us for support, and boost your resume.

Shannon

Bagpipes, Highlands, and Haggis - oh my!

This program was undoubtedly the best experience of my life. I went to class every morning at the University of Edinburgh, which was an easy 20 minutes walk from where I was staying. There was lecture 5 days a week, followed by a coffee break then discussion in small groups.
There was plenty of time outside of class for sightseeing, both in and out of the city itself. Both SUISS and Arcadia organized several field trips to events like the Highland Games, tours of Scottish Parliament, etc. It was incredible to meet so many students from around the world - I now have friends in every corner of the globe, and I have this program to thank for that.
Food was provided (just no lunch on weekends) and served buffet style. Standard fare, but SUISS made sure to have programs where we could eat authentic Scottish cuisine (and yes, I ate haggis and loved it!).
Throughout all this, Arcadia was an invaluable resource. They laid out every detail of the travel - they even picked me up from the airport. All my additional questions were answered promptly via email. I can't recommend this program enough.