CSU Abroad: University of Madrid, Spain

Study Abroad with CSU in Madrid, Spain
Study Abroad with CSU in Madrid, Spain

Want to take your studies to the international level? Want to live and study abroad in Madrid, Spain, one of the most electric cities in Europe? Then you've found the right page. California State University has formed relationship with the University of Madrid and welcomes hundreds of international students every semester.

Courses at the University of Madrid are taught in Spanish and are directed at the language level and interests of study abroad students. The study abroad program at the University of Madrid is perfect for students interested in humanities, social sciences, and learning Spanish. In addition to the courses offered through the Universidades Reunidas, students enroll in at least one course offered by three cooperating Facultades of the Universidad Complutense (Filosofía, Filología, and Geografía e Historia).

Visit the CSU website to learn more about studying abroad at the University of Madrid. This is an amazing opportunity that you won't likely regret!

pedrito31ho

An amazing experience with some room for improvement.

Generally speaking, my experience with CSU:International Programs is a life changing one. I would have never learned what I have learned both in and out of the classroom, I would have never been able to test myself with my comfort level with the language, I would have never been able to make the life long friendships that I have without be a part of the CSUIP program.

However, there were instances when I had to think to myself, "What was this for?" One example was all the paperwork that was required of us before departing the United States. The Apostle of the Hague and the police background checks were all very difficult to obtain, especially when there were no clear instructions, but also, upon arriving in Madrid, the director told us that those documents, which cost money but also time, were not necessary; that they were only required by the US government not the Spanish government.

Another part where I felt that I did not have spectacular support was with the director at the time. There is a new director now, but my director would not back me on my studies. He told me that I was not "advanced" enough to be registering for the classes that I wanted to, and "highly suggested" that I register for a less advanced course. I was not only offended by this, but also felt that he did not have my best interest in mind and that he did not want me to challenge myself; in turn, he did not want me to grow.

About CSU Study Abroad

Join one of the thousands of Californian students studying abroad every year in destinations all around the globe. CSU International Programs, offered in Asia, Europe, North America, South America and Australia, are designed to give each student an...