View Other Details
The Tradition & Modernity in Taiwan (TMT) program provides participants with an immersive introduction to Mandarin Chinese and hands-on coursework in the history, culture, politics, and contemporary issues facing one of Asia's most vibrant democracies. Participants explore the unique ways Taiwan has responded to challenges all modern societies face, while gaining a better understanding of an increasingly important region of the world. In addition, the TMT program offers instruction in Mandarin Chinese at all levels, although no Chinese language experience is required to apply.
- Explore the traditions & culture of Taiwan
- Gain hands-on experience in the modern Taiwanese way of life through cultural excursions
- Develop a broader understanding of a globalizing world through the eyes of a major US trading partner
- Learn Chinese language at any level
- Earn US college credit through Bryn Mawr College upon completion of the program