2 Weeks To Speak - Intensive Thai Language & Adventure Courses. (Koh Samui, Phuket, Chiangmai and Khao Yai National Park, Thailand)

2 Weeks To Speak Intensive Thai Conversation Courses
2 Weeks To Speak Intensive Thai Conversation Courses

Intensive Thai conversation courses on Koh Samui, Chiangmai and Khao Yai National Park run by our founder and head teacher Jom Nawa.

50 hours, 5 hours/day, 5 days/week (Monday to Friday).
9.00 - 15.00 with small breaks and lunch hour
Max 10 students

Fun and friendly environment
Speak from the very 1st hour; 90% of your time spent speaking the new language.
Learn the most common words and phrases of day-to-day situations thanks to our:

T.M.C. LEARNING METHODS
Transformation Method, Muscle Memory Method, Combination Method
The course includes all learning materials, complimentary drinks, diploma and small gadget. Possible airport pick-up and accommodation near the school in one of the more lively areas of the island.

Mind Your Language School has also been officially recognised as the only PLIDA (Progetto Lingua Italiana Dante Alighieri) Certification Centre in Thailand.

• Speak from the very 1st hour.
  • 90% of your time spent speaking the new language.
  • Established T.M.C. Learning Methods.

• Instruction 9.9
Suzalina

Excellent 2 weeks intensive thai language courses

Hi,
I’m really glad attend this courses accompany my sister with zero background on thai language. I thought it become my nightmare but Within 2 weeks i can communicate with thai people and feel satisfied excited and enjoyed with this courses.
Thank you to Jom Nawa and Mai teaching us with the intensive method and its really enjoyable and easily to understand.
The teaching tools easily to read and understand. Good environment. Meet up with new friends. Sharing knowledge and experience with others.
Beautiful surroundings in Koh Samui.
Can’t wait proceed to next level and practice more vocabulary with them. Keep up the good work!!👍🏻
Recommend this intensive courses for those who want to learn thai language faster on conversations when living in thailand.

Response from Mind Your Language School

Thank you very much for your review Lina. Hope to see you and your sister for the second level in 2020.

suzana

The best course

A very cozy and peaceful environment. The instructors ie Jom and Mai were fun and very helpful. I got to know common phrases thai people always use in their daily life.repeating the words and phrases is the key for one to become fluent in speaking the language and that what we did in the class. Small group of students make it easy for one to understand the lessons. I learnt a lot in the class and it felt like a family for me. It is better for those who have opportunity to stay in koh samui longer to attend all the levels offered to strengthen the skill of speaking thai language. The two books i received give a a lot than what i expected. I Will definitely sign up for the next level at the same place again. 2 weeks in koh samui is really not enough for me. Will see u guys again later

Kindly provide halal food if muslims students were to join the class as it is very difficult to get halal food nearby. We had to rush to halal restaurant which quite far from the school (if we dont bring food from home) and to pray within that 1 hour break time
Response from Mind Your Language School

Thank you very much for your review Suzana.

Oliver

We learned a lot

Well I was surprised how much we learned in only 2 weeks. They train you to the life outside and already on the 2nd day you can order food and drinks outside.

5 hrs a day are a lot and now it is good to have a break to repeat and repeat all what we have leared. And then we start with the 2nd course :-)

Thx to Jom and Mai for the good and funny teaching.

I liked it a lot with you guys.

see you soon !

I think the hardest in Thai is the pronouncing of the words. I thik the all time repeat is a good way but maybe some ready made audio of the words of the course for hearing at home would be good.
Response from Mind Your Language School

Thank you very much for your support Oliver. See you for the 2nd course very soon.

Michelle

2 Weeks To Speak Review

Mi experiencia en este curso intensivo de dos semanas “2 weeks to speak” ha sido muy buena.
Se esta en un ambiente muy bueno y amigable, y no solo en la clase si no también fuera de ésta.
Mis compañeros de estudio fueron muy majos y el profesor sabe como explicar las cosas y hacer las clases más llevaderas y divertidas.
A pesar de ser bastantes horas al día y uno se puede acabar agotando, merece mucho la pena. Se aprende mucho en dos semanas. Pasé de solo saber decir hola y gracias a poder pedir cualquier comida y/o bebida, presentarme y preguntar por cosas e incluso poder tener una conversación básica.
En general, si te gustaría aprender algo de tailandés rápido y resulta que estás en Koh Samui recomiendo este curso, merece mucho la pena.

Response from Mind Your Language School

Thank you so much for a great review Michelle.

2 Weeks To Speak - Intensive Thai Language Level 2 Koh Samui

In May 2019 I have completed level 2 of the course "2 weeks to speak". In February 2019 I´ve done course 1 and was thrilled.

Unfortunately, in the meantime, I had to go back to work in Germany and did not set out to continue learning. Back in Thailand, it started immediately with course 2 and almost I was desperate because I had forgotten everything.
But Khun Jom is a great teacher. Through his friendly and motivating, but also demanding nature, he has released everything back in my head and packed in a lot more ;)

It was great fun again and above all, I learned a lot.
It's a great experience to begin to understand and speak a language that is so different from my mother tongue.
A good teacher to learn a language is a gift and Khun Jom is a fantastic teacher.
A big thank you to you, Jom!

Martin

Great place and good method to learn Thai easily.

This school had been recommended to me by a friend who lives for some time on Koh Samui and also attended the Thai course there. I signed up for the level 1 course “ 2 weeks to speak Thai “. During that course I decided to extend to the next level for another 2 weeks. So a total of 4 weeks with lessons for 5 hours on 5 days a week. Very intensive !
It was really fun to learn since you could practise the language immediately when you finished school. Yes there were 1-2 days where I really got exhausted by learning this Asian language. But the teacher Jom always brought me back on track with his positive energy. He really loves to teach his mother language and that’s what you can feel during the whole course. The whole atmosphere in the school is very positive. You can feel it the moment you enter the school. Very nice people and positive vibrations everywhere.
We were lucky since we were only 3 students in class. Means the teacher Khun Jom paid a lot of attention to each of us.
The result after 4 weeks of intensive learning Thai is, people start laughing if I order things in a supermarket, restaurant or in a bar. Not because they are making fun about me but they are not used that a foreigner (Farang) can speak clear Thai to them. They like that a lot and for this smile it was worth making the effort to learn.
Thanks a lot to Khun Jom and his team. I can only recommend this school to anybody who likes to learn Thai intensive, effective and in one of the most beautiful location you can study.

Response from Mind Your Language School

Thank you very much Martin.

Kazuoki

I recommended Thai language school on Koh Samui

Translations by Go Overseas Team:

I took a total of 4 weeks of level 1 and 2 of 2 weeks 'intensive Thai conversation course'. I was amazed that there were a lot of language schools on Koh Samui, but after examining it I chose from the fact that the reputation was the best, but I think it was really good at this school.

The most important thing is Jom Nawa's enthusiasm and established teaching method. It was very easy to understand the Thai language that can be used immediately in practice, and I was able to learn in a pleasant atmosphere. Of course the contents have become more complicated and more difficult each day, but it has become very fun to study, and the time has passed every day. "Muscle memory", it is important to remember in the head, but I think that the teaching method that the muscles of the mouth learn by repeating and practicing is very reasonable. I say in Japanese I learn in my body.

It is said that it is 'intensive (intensive course)' and there are 5 hours of hard work every day from Monday to Friday, but it is best to study intensively if you want to study languages ​​individually I thought. By going to the school every day, you will be able to review what you have studied in the past, and you will be able to improve efficiently without gaps. The class was also about 10 people at the maximum, but I think that the efficiency of learning with three people at level 1 and 4 people at level 2 was also good. In addition to the conversation course, there is also a Thai language reading and writing course, so I hope to participate in any of them.

As it is necessary to speak English to some extent as it is a class in English, I could learn English at the same time, and I also made friends of various nationalities and it was a great time. Of course I think it is good to study in urban areas such as Bangkok, but I strongly recommend it to those who want to study Thai language while feeling the atmosphere of Nangoku Island Resort.

Original:

2週間の'intensive Thai conversation course'のレベル1と2の計4週間受講しました。サムイ島には語学学校がたくさんある中で迷いましたが、色々と調べたところ評判が一番良かったことから選んだんですが、本当にこの学校で良かったと思います。

一番はやっぱりJom Nawa先生の熱意と確立された指導方法でしょうか。実践ですぐに使えるタイ語をとても解りやすく、楽しい雰囲気の中で学ぶことが出来ました。もちろん日に日に内容はより複雑に難しくなりましたが、とても楽しく勉強出来るようになっており、毎日時間が過ぎるのがあっという間でした。"muscle memory"、頭で覚える事も大事ですが反復して練習する事により口の筋肉が覚える指導方法、はとても理にかなっていると思います。日本語でも体で覚える、と言いますし。

'intensive(集中講座)'と謳っていることもあり月から金まで毎日5時間みっちり授業がありますが、こと語学を勉強するには集中的に勉強するのが一番良いのではないかと個人的には思いました。毎日通うことにより過去に勉強したことの復習にもなり、間隔が空く事がなく効率的に上達する事が出来ると思います。クラスも最大10名とのことでしたが、レベル1で3名、レベル2で4名と少人数で学ぶ効率も良かったと思います。また会話コースだけでなくタイ語読み書きコースもあるのでいずれはそちらも参加しようと思っています。

英語での授業なのでまずは英語がある程度しゃべれる必要がありますが、英語も同時に学ぶ事が出き、また色々な国籍の友人も出来てとても充実した時間になりました。バンコクなどの都市部で勉強ももちろん良いかと思いますが、南国アイランドリゾートの雰囲気を感じつつタイ語を勉強したい方にはぜひお勧めします。

Response from Mind Your Language School

Thank you so much for your great review Kazu. Will see you at your coffee shop soon.

Emmanuelle

Apprentissage dynamique en immersion

Translation by Go Overseas Staff:

I have just finished the "level 1" session of the "2 weeks to speak Thai" intensive training from April 29th to May 10th, 2019. My goal was to (finally) communicate with the inhabitants of this beautiful country that welcomes me.
Before committing myself, I had participated in an initiation in another school and met the leaders in another school. The proposed pace (usually 2 to 3 times a week at 2 hours), like the methods, did not seem professional enough to quickly get a result for the beginner I was.
I then made contact via Facebook with the school "Mind your language" which operates the course "2 weeks to speak Thai". I thought that immersion and intensive learning would be more profitable for me and I had 2 free weeks.
I was immediately confident from the first exchanges with Jom and Chiara. I then consulted all the notices found on the Internet. The pedagogical team supervises you perfectly from the first contacts and very quickly the date was confirmed and I committed myself.
Our session consisted of 3 adults.
The teaching takes place in a very friendly environment and concludes with a course of Thai cooking equally friendly at Infusion Cooking Class.
The proposed training "2 weeks to speak Thai" provides the essential basis for oral communication and grammar / conjugation.
Jom's teaching skills, are a real plus. Jom is particularly experienced, he loves to teach and transmit, he is passionate; he is gifted to make his teaching interesting and to invite him to participate in a sustained way. His method is based on repetition: to beef up our memory, he regularly repeats the same sentences and questions each participant in turn. His classes are dynamic, alive, he knows how to adapt to the different levels and rhythms of understanding, to motivate you when you sometimes despair of remembering these words that are surprisingly similar and difficult to pronounce, and is objectively pedagogical to encourage you to persevere when sometimes you become discouraged.
Classes are given in English. Jom speaks perfect English and really very clear. Blows, these two weeks were also for me a perfect training to improve also my English.
We also had the chance to take advantage of his assistant, Mind, teacher in training who learns Jom's teaching techniques. Mind also trained us with a different Thai accent to enhance our understanding. He has the best teachers!
I am French and I was 99% beginner, to tell the truth I knew only about thirty words in Thai, which more is that I pronounced badly. These 2 intensive weeks (5 hours a day) are a plus for those who want a solid foundation to start communicating.
The training is also an immersion in the local culture thanks to the anecdotes reported by Jom. His technique to boost memory by repetition is effective, I still hear the sentences that we have repeated so much :) !!!
The intensive formula is perfect for motivated people, you really have to work to improve your learning, learn vocabulary and practice as much as possible.
Now you have to start!

Original:
Je viens de terminer la session « level 1 » de la formation intensive « 2 weeks to speak Thai » du 29 avril au 10 mai 2019. Mon objectif était de pouvoir (enfin) communiquer avec les habitants de ce beau pays qui m’accueille.
Avant de m’engager, j’avais participé à une initiation dans une autre école et rencontré les responsables dans une autre école. Le rythme proposé (généralement 2 à 3 fois par semaine à raison de 2h), comme les méthodes, ne m’ont pas paru suffisamment professionnels pour obtenir rapidement un résultat pour la débutante que j'étais.
J’ai alors pris contact via Facebook avec l’école « Mind your language » qui opère le stage « 2 weeks to speak Thai ». Je pensais en effet que l’immersion et l'apprentissage intensif serait plus profitable pour moi et je disposais de 2 semaines libres.
J’ai aussitôt été en confiance dès les premiers échanges avec Jom et Chiara. J’ai ensuite consulté l’ensemble des avis trouvés sur Internet. L’équipe pédagogique vous encadre parfaitement dès les premiers contacts et très vite la date a été confirmée et je me suis engagée.
Notre session comportait 3 adultes.
L’enseignement se déroule dans un environnement très convivial et se conclut par un cours de cuisine thaïe tout aussi convivial chez Infusion Cooking Class.
La formation proposée « 2 weeks to speak Thai » donne les bases essentielles de la communication orale et de la grammaire/conjugaison.
Les qualités d’enseignant de Jom, sont un réel plus. Jom est particulièrement expérimenté, il adore enseigner et transmettre, c’est un passionné ; il est réellement doué pour rendre son enseignement intéressant et inviter à participer de manière soutenue. Sa méthode est axée sur la répétition : pour muscler notre mémoire, il répète régulièrement les mêmes phrases et interroge chaque participant à tour de rôle. Ses cours sont dynamiques, vivants, il sait s’adapter aux différents niveaux et rythmes de compréhension, vous motiver quand vous désespérez parfois de retenir ces mots qui se ressemblent étonnamment et se prononcent difficilement, et est objectivement pédagogue pour vous encourager à persévérer quand parfois vous vous décourager.
Les cours sont donnés en anglais. Jom parle un anglais parfait et vraiment très clair. Du coups, ces deux semaines ont également été pour moi un parfait entraînement pour améliorer aussi mon anglais.
Nous avons également eu la chance de profiter de son assistant, Mind, professeur en formation qui apprend les techniques d’enseignement de Jom. Mind nous a également entraînés avec un accent thai différent pour améliorer notre compréhension. Il a le meilleur des professeurs !
Je suis Française et j’étais à 99% débutante, à vrai dire je ne connaissais qu’une trentaine de mots en Thaï, qui plus est que je prononçais mal. Ces 2 semaines intensives (5h par jour) sont un plus pour qui veut de solides bases pour commencer à communiquer.
La formation est aussi une immersion dans la culture locale grâce aux anecdotes relatées par Jom. Sa technique pour booster la mémoire par la répétition est efficace, j’entends encore les phrases que l’on a tant répétées :) !!!
La formule intensive est parfaite pour les personnes motivées, il faut vraiment travailler pour améliorer son apprentissage, apprendre le vocabulaire et pratiquer bien sûr le plus possible.
Maintenant il faut se lancer !

- Control of learning after the first week to go on
Jaime

2 week intensive Thai course

I am happy to have done the two weeks to speak course with teacher Jom and 4 classmates. I learned A LOT in the little time we had. I love that this course teaches useful and common Thai words and phrases so you can start practicing after the first day. Jom is the best teacher and challenges each of his student. His teaching methods are superb and the learning environment is very fun and feels comfortable. I recommend anyone interested in learning Thai to come study here with teacher Jom! You won’t regret it! The cooking class included with the course is such a blast and I loved that I had the options to make all of my dishes vegan and they were still sooo delicious! All of the staff at Mind Your Language school are friendly and the facility is nice. I really wish I could continue to level 2, but I had to return home after the course. I look forward to studying Thai again at Mind Your Language! It’s so fun to be a student there :)

Practice using your Thai with locals! The more you speak and listen the faster you can learn Thai! Really focus on learning how to pronounce new Thai words correctly. It helps so much to get it right the first time verses correcting it after years of saying it incorrectly. Have an open mind and just listen carefully to the sound of vowels and tones ;)
Francoise

2 Weeks To Speak With Jom Nawa

I'm Belgian nationality and I've been going and coming to Thailand in the past 7 years. I've tried to learn this language myself through the books and signed up some hours with Thai teachers on skype, but it didn't go well as I've planned and expected it to be so I decided to search for intensive courses (speaking) during my vacations and this course was recommended by one of his ex-students who has done the course with him before.
I wasn't sure at the beginning but until I've read many positive comments about the teaching methods he uses so I decided to go on and signed up for the last course of 2018.

The whole 2 weeks were absolutely amazing and worth every penny!
What happened in our class was what the school has promised us. Jom started to make us speak and repeat questions, answers, positive sentences and negative sentences on day 1 (there were 8 of us). The teaching methods are unbelievable, it's very simple but effective and at the end of every day, I went back to my hotel with a sore jaw. :-)

He's very informative with a great sense of humour.
I highly recommended the 2 weeks to speak with Jom Nawa.

More homework would be good.
Martin

Great experience

I’m on Koh Samui now for the past year and opened a bar so decided I should try to learn the local language so went to the mind your language course in bophut. I Just finished my 2 week level 1. Was a great experience, good fun but very intense (hence the name 😂) the students were all nice people who I hope to stay in touch with and Jom is a really cool teacher, very passionate and keen to make sure you understand what you are saying and he always has a laugh and a joke while teaching. The extra thai cooking class was so much fun and got to make thai green curry and kra pow 😁 we all got together for a few drinks on the weekend off and had a great time, looking forward to level 2. Recommend this course to anyone looking to start learning thai 💯

Perfect!

After „2 Weeks To Speak - Intensive Thai Course“ I can say WOW!
I expected a lot, but not this :)
We were a small class of 5 students from Germany, Switzer land, France and US and Jom Nawa, our teacher.
Joms teaching method is perfect to me and I felt every minute that he loves his job.
By his TMC Learning methods he really motivated us to learn and repeat by ourselfes.
After just two weeks our heads are full of Thai Language and Sounds. Even it was hard and brain burning, we learned and spoke Thai so much and laugh everyday by our student Kauderwelsch.
I´m really surprised how much I understand and can speak in normal life Situation after this short course.
I don’t want to miss this 2 amazing weeks and I wish I had language teachers like Jom before.
Thank you, Jom Nava!

Serge

What an experience....!

I have just completed Level 2 with Jom in Samui and I truly enjoyed the experience. Not only the course is very well structured and balanced but it is also designed to allow you to communicate and use the acquired skills quickly and in a very practical way.......
I definitely feel more confortable to use my new vocabulary in every day situations and enjoy the interaction with Thai people.....
Choosing the intensive course is really the right choice for me as it does not give you time to think about what you are learning. It is about using the grammar and new vocabulary immediately......
I did Level 1 before and am really looking forward to joining Level 3 before the end of the year.
Thank you Jom for your constant support and patience..!
See you very soon...:-)

Response from Mind Your Language School

Thank you very much and hope to see you back to Thailand soon.

Brigitte

À faire absolument

English translation by Go Overseas

I just finished level 2 "2 weeks to speak" and I am very proud to be able to Jom m express correctly in Thai, to have the correct structures that come naturally !!
I did not expect such a result and have as much vocabulary in just 2 weeks!
Jom is an extraordinary teacher who really has the gift to teach, it is a passionate who gives us the desire to learn ..... in a so nice atmosphere !!
Thank you Khun Jom !!
Classes in small groups of 8 to 9 people can often intervene and express themselves better and better !!
To do absolutely if you live in Thailand ...... IMAGINE ..... to be able to sustain a conversation in only 2 levels !!!
On the way to level 3 !!!

Original French Review

Je viens de terminer le niveau 2 « de 2 weeks to speak « et je suis très fière de pouvoir grâce à Jom m exprimer correctement en thai , de posséder les structures correctes qui viennent naturellement !!
Je ne m attendais pas à un tel résultat et à posséder autant de vocabulaire en seulement 2 semaines!
Jom est un professeur extraordinaire qui a vraiment le don d enseigner , c est un passionné qui nous donne l envie d apprendre..... dans une ambiance tellement agréable !!
Merci Khun Jom !!
Les cours en petits groupes de 8 à 9 personnes permettent d intervenir souvent et de s exprimer de mieux en mieux !!
À faire absolument si vous vivez en Thaïlande......IMAGINEZ.....pouvoir soutenir une conversation en seulement 2 niveaux !!!
En route pour le niveau 3 !!!

Emelda

Best teacher Jom Nawa! Can't wait for Level 3 !!!

Just finished 2nd Level of 2 weeks to Speak Intensive Thai Language.
I am amazed by the abbility I have now to build phrases in Thai, to communicate with Thai people. Now I need Level 3 ASAP!!!
Khruu Jom Nawa, again, was at his highest (as usual) levels of teaching, he must be the best in Thailand.
This level seemed easier, probably because I have a baggage of vocabulary from the previous course. And the time flew very fast!
Anyway, at the beginning of level 2, I have encountered difficulties in creating phrases because I didn't prepare myself (or didn't do my homework...). But as soon as I reviewed all I have been taught, my brain started working. Deffinitely one must learn by heart all the new words. Then, you can play on building phrases. Helps a lot to understand the grammar that was 80% applied in this level.
I just need Level 3.
Thank Khruu Jom Nawa!
See you next time!

About Mind Your Language School

Mind Your Language School started as a licensed school in 2001 and is located on the beautiful island of Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand. We offer a truly unique environment in which to learn to speak Thai, English, Italian and German, combining a...