Intensive Thai & English & Italian Language Courses (Koh Samui, Chiang Mai, Pakchong (Khao Yai National Park)

Video and Photos

Learn to speak Thai at Mind Your Language school!
Learn to speak Thai at Mind Your Language school!
Chris at Mind Your Language
group of students outside of a building
group of students outside of a building

About

Mind Your Language School started in 2001 and is located on the beautiful island of Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand.
Our students are able to learn Thai, English,Italian and experience the wonders of Koh Samui island at the same time.
Our objective is to provide a friendly, comfortable & effective environment for students to acquire and confidently speak a new language.

Our unique teaching method, T.M.C., has been created and refined throughout the years.
T - Transformation method: reversing sentence structure
M - Muscle memory method:repetition leads to accuracy
C - Combination method: creating meaningful paragraphs

Mind Your Language School has also been officially recognised as the only PLIDA (Progetto Lingua Italiana Dante Alighieri) Certification Centre in Thailand.

Highlights
  • - Speak the new language from the very 1st hour
  • - Spend 90 % of your time speaking
  • - Learn the most common words and phrases used in day-to-day situations
  • - Supported by experienced and qualified language teachers
  • - Enjoy a fun and friendly environment

Questions & Answers

Reviews

95%
based on 11 reviews
  • Instruction 9.7
  • Support 9.8
  • Fun 9.4
  • Housing 9.6
  • Value 9.5
Showing 1 - 11 of 11
Default avatar
Ksenia
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Самая крутая языковая школа

Я учусь в MYL уже больше года. Тщательно выбирала школу, смотрела содержание курсов, подходы к работе. И я не ошиблась с выбором. Курсы недешёвые, но вы получаете высокое качество. Есть рассрочка оплаты. Директор школы Jom преподаёт вместе с остальными. Он увлечён своей работой, по-настоящему любит то, что делает. Таких встречается мало, и это очень важно и для руководителя, и преподавателя.
Также в MYL основательно подходят к выбору и персонала - преподавателей, и студентов. Со мной провели интервью, перед тем, как зачислить. Какие у меня цели, ожидания от обучения, что я делаю сама, чтобы прокачивать язык. Кого попало они берут, только людей с мотивацией к учёбе. Это здорово!
Сами программы основаны на максимальной разговорной практике.
Год я изучала английский, с native. Подняла уровень с intermediate до продвинутого upper. Пропал языковой барьер. Мне нестрашно теперь общаться с англичанами, ирландцами, автралийцами.
А теперь я начала учить тайский. Перед началом обучения было немного страшно и волнительно, что я вообще ничего не пойму. Но уроки проходят легко и даже весело :) Занятия проводит тайка, и она свободно говорит по-английски. Ты начинаешь говорить на тайском буквально с первого урока. А объяснения материала опять же проходят на английском.
В общем, хотите изучить язык с нуля или здорово его улучшить, вам в Mind your language :)

What is your advice to future travelers on this program?
Обязательно пройдите интервью на уровень знания языка. Вы можете себя недооценивать или переоценивать.
Default avatar
Jonathan
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Highly Recommended

I’ve been studying Thai at M.Y.L. for 8 months. It’s been so enjoyable I’ve signed up for another 8 months. In addition to studying conversation I’ve been studying reading and writing. I thoroughly recommend M.Y.L.

In order to learn Thai a transliteration system is necessary at the beginning. The one used at M.Y.L. is very natural for English speakers to read. I’ve tried a few of these systems, some of which require studying before studying Thai itself. The one used at M.Y.L. is the best I’ve seen.

There are lots of courses on offer, from conversation only to advanced reading and writing. The teachers are certified, speak excellent English and keep a good balance between education and fun. Classes have about 6 students, usually of different nationalities.

Of course, to study Thai you’ll need an Education Visa, which the school can arrange. M.Y.L. has a good relationship with Samui Immigration and will only issue genuine visas.

If you have no intention of learning Thai but want an extended holiday in Samui don’t go to the school and expect them to apply for a fraudulent visa. They won’t! You’re wasting their time, your own time and making it more difficult for genuine students.

However, if you’re a genuine student you’ll learn Thai, meet new people and have a lot of fun in the process. I can thoroughly recommend M.Y.L. school.

Default avatar
Sacha
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Fantastic Learning Experience

My wife Vicky and I have been learning Thai with Jom and Mind for past 3 months. It has been a humble and most motivation experience with learning a new language. Our personal goal is to be able to speak and read fluently as we would like to be settled here in thailand with a business. Mind Your Language provides us both with the motivation and confidence to converse what we have learnt each week with local Thais. We finish our lessons each week learning and practise our learnings in our every day day life. Jom and Mind has the ability and patience to repeat and ensure a word or pronunciation is proper. The ability to converse with the locals, we can see the immediate reaction of appreciation and openness in sharing with us their thoughts besides getting through the basics in a foreign land. The learning journey has been most professional, tailored, relatable and motivational.

Default avatar
Fabien
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Apprenez le thaï rapidement et avec plaisir !

Mind Your Language est une école sérieuse et très bien organisée, dont le personnel enseignant et administratif est très disponible et à l'écoute. La méthode d'enseignement apporte de bons résultats en peu de temps, ce qui vous permettra de vous débrouiller rapidement lorsque vous rencontrer des gens qui ne comprennent pas l'anglais. L'ambiance est sympathique. Il existe plusieurs formules allant de 1 semaine intensive à 12 mois, permettant l'apprentissage du thai parlé (phonétique) à la lecture et à l'écriture. Les classes comprennent peu d'élèves, ce qui facilite l'apprentissage. J'ai choisi de suivre un cour individuel ce qui a l'avantage de donner de la flexibilité si vous devez déplacer ou sauter un cours en cas d'empêchement. Je recommande Mind Your Language à quiconque veut apprendre le thai en ayant du plaisir.

Default avatar
Malin
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Malin

Translated Review:
Mind Your Language Koh Samui is a really good school, who really cares about their students and really wants to learn how to speak Thai. Always gluttonous teachers who are happy, funny, and possitive. Jom & Chiida are great! Fewer people are allowed to look for. You always feel so welcome to school, Chida and Jom are so helpful.
Can highly recommend this school!!

Original Review:
Mind Your Language Koh Samui är en jätte bra skola, som verkligen bryr sig om sina elever och vill verkligen lära oss att prata thailändska. Alltid jättesnälla lärare som är glada, roliga, och possitiva. Jom & Chiida är toppen! Snällare människor får man leta efter. Man känner sig alltid så välkommen till skolan, Chida och Jom är så hjälpsamma.
Kan starkt rekommedera denna skola!!

Nathan
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Great school with great staff

The school is great. I'm on a ED visa and am taking 8 hours of Thai language classes a week for the next year. The Administrator and Coordinator, Jom and Sharon, went the extra mile to help me acquire the original visa and getting each visa extension so I never had to worry about it. My Thai Speaking teacher, Cheeda, is very helpful and patient with everyone in the class. Not all students are going to learn at the same pace and Cheeda works well with everyone. My Reading and Writing Thai class was very intimidating at first and it seemed I would never be able to learn it. However, as time past I found that repeated reenforcement of the rules just sunk in without me knowing it. I have to thank my amazing teacher Bonus for being patient with me and answering all my questions. I would definitely recommend Mind Your Language School to anyone.

What would you improve about this program?
I would really enjoy some Thai cultural information sprinkled into the lessons. I think it would help with cultural understanding and appreciation of the Thai language.
Hany
8/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Thai course

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

مرحبا
الكورس جميل و مفيد جدا
انا اشتركت فيه و كانت إجراءات الفيزا سهله ولا تحتاج إلي تحضيرات كثيره
المدرسه تقدم تعليم و مدرسين على مستوى جيد جدا و طرقه التعليم مسليه و سريعه التعلم
و تعتمد على التكرار و الحفظ أحس انهم جميعا افراد عائلتي

TRANSLATION:

Hello
The course is beautiful and very useful. I participated in it and the visa procedures were easy and did not need much preparation. The school offers teaching and teaching at a very good level and its teaching methods are entertaining and fast learning. And depends on the repetition and conservation. I feel they are all members of my family.

What would you improve about this program?
ORIGINAL:
مزيد من الرحلات أو الانشطه خلال الدراسه

TRANSLATION:
More trips or activities during the study
Default avatar
Alsu
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Wonderful experience with an excellent school!

I had a great experience learning my first tonal language at Mind Your Language school in Koh Samui. The whole process from emailing and getting the course information till my last class went so smooth. When I knew my exact dates for a 1-month trip in Thailand, I sent an email to the school with an information request. Sharon replied almost momentarily with a very detailed explanation of dates, courses and availability. I decided to take a conversational Thai course. I also took an Intermediate level of Italian to practice it before my trip to Italy this summer.

My first day at school was filled with lots of joy and loooots of new information :) I was given a book that was written specifically for the course. It was easy to understand and follow. Our Thai teacher, Sheeda, was super friendly, very articulate and knowledgable. It was easy and fun learning with her! The group itself seemed private with only 7 people in it.

Even though Italian wasn't new to me, the course with Chiara and Marco was amazing! I got to practice my favorite language with 2 wonderful teachers. Every class was filled with culture learning, games and constant interaction between the teachers and the students.

I really feel like I should have stayed in Thailand for another month only to be able to continue my classes at the Mind Your Language School :) I'd like to thank the school team for my great experience!

What would you improve about this program?
Keep up the great work and hopefully see you soon!
Default avatar
Karl
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Mind Your Review ;)

I always start my day at school with a nice cup of coffee that they offer in the kitchen and join the class of people that became more then comrades, now they are friends. I enjoy going to school since it is a stress-free environment and the teachers always make you giggle.
I am Realizing that it’s already been three month when I write this review. I have three more months left to go and I would have never thought the class and I would get so good in that short period. Our Thai is on point and I can go around in my life much easier now that I can communicate. Even if I still don’t know many words I understand the phrase structures and keywords making it possible for easy understanding, all thanks to MYL. I’m so happy that I chose this school.
This is not a school that does it for the money, you can tell that the teachers and the staff are passionate people and this is what I was looking for.
See you next class!

What would you improve about this program?
I will let them do it by themselves, they are always on the watch for improvement!
Default avatar
Anthony
9/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Student feedback

I found the methods used by the team at Mind Your Language to be easy to understand, great fun and I have had incredible results. I not only am learning to speak Thai but I'm also learning to read and write. The teachers present the learning process in a way that makes perfect sense with the focus being on repetition, combining words to form sentences, turning questions into answers etc. I found all the teachers to have an incredible energy, passion along with a little humour which adds a relaxed atmosphere to the learning process thus making it all very easy to absorb. All the teachers are Thai and the class sizes are kept small, so everyone is able to practice in speaking, reading and writing which helps everyone progress as a team. The class is constantly learning on a daily basis and moving forward although the teachers do focus on revision to be sure everyone is understanding what has been taught.
I highly recommend Mind Your Language as its not only given me confidence it has also helped me to understand Thai culture by being able to immerse myself in the language.

Default avatar
Chris
8/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Learning Thai Language at Mind Your Language School

I’m a mature aged student from Australia and have been learning Thai at Mind Your Language for four months now. I’ve found having some basic language skills has both enriched my experience living on Koh Samui, and encouraged me in my future plans for living in Thailand.

As a yoga teacher I have also been able to introduce a few Thai instructions to my yoga class, and hope to be able to teach full classes in Thai language some day. I have a long way to go to be able to speak fluently, but the course structure at Mind Your Language is very effective. Already I am able to introduce myself, order at a restaurant or at the market, give and understand directions, get a bargain while shopping and even make a few jokes! From my experience I find Thai people have a great sense of humour, and the teachers at Mind Your Language make the classes fun and enjoyable.

At first I thought reading and writing in Thai would be beyond me, but found these classes to be valuable in developing a deeper appreciation and love for Thai language. The use of the famous ‘Manee Mana’ children’s book is very helpful. It has a nice way of introducing concepts for reading and writing in Thai. So look out for my next review for this great school written in Thai language!

For now I can recommend (in my native English tongue) Mind Your Language to anyone planning an extended stay on beautiful Koh Samui.