Thai Language Courses (Koh Samui, Thailand)

Thai Language Courses (Koh Samui, Thailand)

We are the only PLIDA Certification Center (Progetto Lingua Italiana Dante Alighieri) in Thailand.
Mind Your Language School is the only PLIDA (Progetto Lingua Italiana Dante Alighieri) Certification Centre in Thailand offering PLIDA and Junior PLIDA Exams (A1 to C2)

PLIDA is the only international certificate that assesses the level of Italian as a Second Language and is officially recognised by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Italian Ministry of Labour and Welfare and the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research of Italy and Universita' La Sapienza di Roma.

Contact us to get the updated 2017 PLIDA exam session calendar and book your exam.

Mind Your Language School started in 2001 and is located on the beautiful island of Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand.

Our students are able to learn Thai, English, German, Italian and experience the wonders of Koh Samui island at the same time.

Our objective is to provide a friendly, comfortable & effective environment for students to acquire and confidently speak a new language.

Our unique teaching method, called T.M.C., has been created and refined throughout the years.
T - Transformation method: reversing sentence structure
M - Muscle memory method: repetition leads to accuracy
C - Combination method: creating meaningful paragraphs

Mind Your Language School has also been officially recognised as the only PLIDA (Progetto Lingua Italiana Dante Alighieri) Certification Centre in Thailand.

• - Speak the new language from the very 1st hour
  • - Spend 95 % of your time spent speaking
  • - Learn the most common words and phrases used in day-to-day situations
  • - Supported by experienced and qualified language teachers
  • - Enjoy a fun and friendly environment
Asia » Thailand » Ko Samui
Asia » Thailand
Guesthouse
Hotel

• Instruction

Nathan

Great school with great staff

The school is great. I'm on a ED visa and am taking 8 hours of Thai language classes a week for the next year. The Administrator and Coordinator, Jom and Sharon, went the extra mile to help me acquire the original visa and getting each visa extension so I never had to worry about it. My Thai Speaking teacher, Cheeda, is very helpful and patient with everyone in the class. Not all students are going to learn at the same pace and Cheeda works well with everyone. My Reading and Writing Thai class was very intimidating at first and it seemed I would never be able to learn it. However, as time past I found that repeated reenforcement of the rules just sunk in without me knowing it. I have to thank my amazing teacher Bonus for being patient with me and answering all my questions. I would definitely recommend Mind Your Language School to anyone.

I would really enjoy some Thai cultural information sprinkled into the lessons. I think it would help with cultural understanding and appreciation of the Thai language.

Hany

Thai course

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

مرحبا
الكورس جميل و مفيد جدا
انا اشتركت فيه و كانت إجراءات الفيزا سهله ولا تحتاج إلي تحضيرات كثيره
المدرسه تقدم تعليم و مدرسين على مستوى جيد جدا و طرقه التعليم مسليه و سريعه التعلم
و تعتمد على التكرار و الحفظ أحس انهم جميعا افراد عائلتي

TRANSLATION:

Hello
The course is beautiful and very useful. I participated in it and the visa procedures were easy and did not need much preparation. The school offers teaching and teaching at a very good level and its teaching methods are entertaining and fast learning. And depends on the repetition and conservation. I feel they are all members of my family.

ORIGINAL:
مزيد من الرحلات أو الانشطه خلال الدراسه

TRANSLATION:
More trips or activities during the study

Alsu
San Francisco

Wonderful experience with an excellent school!

I had a great experience learning my first tonal language at Mind Your Language school in Koh Samui. The whole process from emailing and getting the course information till my last class went so smooth. When I knew my exact dates for a 1-month trip in Thailand, I sent an email to the school with an information request. Sharon replied almost momentarily with a very detailed explanation of dates, courses and availability. I decided to take a conversational Thai course. I also took an Intermediate level of Italian to practice it before my trip to Italy this summer.

My first day at school was filled with lots of joy and loooots of new information :) I was given a book that was written specifically for the course. It was easy to understand and follow. Our Thai teacher, Sheeda, was super friendly, very articulate and knowledgable. It was easy and fun learning with her! The group itself seemed private with only 7 people in it.

Even though Italian wasn't new to me, the course with Chiara and Marco was amazing! I got to practice my favorite language with 2 wonderful teachers. Every class was filled with culture learning, games and constant interaction between the teachers and the students.

I really feel like I should have stayed in Thailand for another month only to be able to continue my classes at the Mind Your Language School :) I'd like to thank the school team for my great experience!

Keep up the great work and hopefully see you soon!

Karl
Canada

Mind Your Review ;)

I always start my day at school with a nice cup of coffee that they offer in the kitchen and join the class of people that became more then comrades, now they are friends. I enjoy going to school since it is a stress-free environment and the teachers always make you giggle.
I am Realizing that it’s already been three month when I write this review. I have three more months left to go and I would have never thought the class and I would get so good in that short period. Our Thai is on point and I can go around in my life much easier now that I can communicate. Even if I still don’t know many words I understand the phrase structures and keywords making it possible for easy understanding, all thanks to MYL. I’m so happy that I chose this school.
This is not a school that does it for the money, you can tell that the teachers and the staff are passionate people and this is what I was looking for.
See you next class!

I will let them do it by themselves, they are always on the watch for improvement!

Anthony
Melbourne

Student feedback

I found the methods used by the team at Mind Your Language to be easy to understand, great fun and I have had incredible results. I not only am learning to speak Thai but I'm also learning to read and write. The teachers present the learning process in a way that makes perfect sense with the focus being on repetition, combining words to form sentences, turning questions into answers etc. I found all the teachers to have an incredible energy, passion along with a little humour which adds a relaxed atmosphere to the learning process thus making it all very easy to absorb. All the teachers are Thai and the class sizes are kept small, so everyone is able to practice in speaking, reading and writing which helps everyone progress as a team. The class is constantly learning on a daily basis and moving forward although the teachers do focus on revision to be sure everyone is understanding what has been taught.
I highly recommend Mind Your Language as its not only given me confidence it has also helped me to understand Thai culture by being able to immerse myself in the language.

Chris
Ballarat

Learning Thai Language at Mind Your Language School

I’m a mature aged student from Australia and have been learning Thai at Mind Your Language for four months now. I’ve found having some basic language skills has both enriched my experience living on Koh Samui, and encouraged me in my future plans for living in Thailand.

As a yoga teacher I have also been able to introduce a few Thai instructions to my yoga class, and hope to be able to teach full classes in Thai language some day. I have a long way to go to be able to speak fluently, but the course structure at Mind Your Language is very effective. Already I am able to introduce myself, order at a restaurant or at the market, give and understand directions, get a bargain while shopping and even make a few jokes! From my experience I find Thai people have a great sense of humour, and the teachers at Mind Your Language make the classes fun and enjoyable.

At first I thought reading and writing in Thai would be beyond me, but found these classes to be valuable in developing a deeper appreciation and love for Thai language. The use of the famous ‘Manee Mana’ children’s book is very helpful. It has a nice way of introducing concepts for reading and writing in Thai. So look out for my next review for this great school written in Thai language!

For now I can recommend (in my native English tongue) Mind Your Language to anyone planning an extended stay on beautiful Koh Samui.

Mind Your Language School started as a licensed school in 2001 and is located on the beautiful island of Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand.

We offer a truly unique environment in which to learn to speak Thai, English, Italian and German, combining a