• Thailand

Intensive Standard
Specialized Courses
Business
Class Size
Private Lessons Small Class (1-7)
Weekly Classroom Hours

Classes
Oct 12, 2021
May 18, 2022
0 travelers are looking at this program

Mind Your Language School started in 2001 and is located on the stunning island of Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand. Our students are able to learn and experience the wonders of the island at the same time. Our objective is to provide a friendly, comfortable & effective environment for students to acquire and confidently speak a new language.
This is a magical environment to be while attending our Intensive Thai Conversation Course.
For mountain lovers we have now launched a new destination: 2 Weeks to Speak Intensive Thai Conversation Course in Khao Yai National Park, which allows students to learn Thai at a fast pace while being immersed in the amazing local wildlife and sceneries.

Our unique teaching method, T.M.C., has been created and refined throughout the years.
T - Transformation method: reversing sentence structure

• 9-10 rating 92.86%
  • 7-8 rating 7.14%
  • Instruction 9.9
Mariia

Very useful and fun lessons

I’m studying Thai language with teacher Jom.
This course is very useful, because we learn not only grammar, but many basic phrases which can be used in daily life.
There are 7 people in my group, atmosphere is very friendly and relaxing, we have a lot of fun. Teacher Jom is very energetic and helpful, he’ll make you speak Thai from the first lesson. Class schedule is quite convenient, it’s 2 hours twice a week.
I’m glad that I’ve chosen Mind your language school. After just two months I already can have basic conversation in Thai language.

Вадим

Great school!

Translated by Go Overseas:
I am very glad that I found this school of languages. I have been studying Thai for about 2 months. I experience only positive emotions! I didn't think learning a language could be so much fun. I work out 2 times a week for 2 hours. I started speaking some basic phrases in informal communication already in the second or third lesson. Classes are held in an easy format and of course with materials that are issued before the start of the course. After 3 weeks, I remember how I spoke in the street in Thai absolutely uncontrollably and easily. It was a shock for me. My teacher Jom is just great! Recommend 100%

Original review:
Я очень рад тому, что нашел эту школу языков. Изучаю тайский язык около 2-х месяцев. Испытываю только положительные эмоции! Не думал, что изучения языка может быть таким веселым занятием. Я занимаюсь 2 раза в неделю по 2 часа. Какие то базовые фразы я начал говорить в неформальном общении уже на второй или третий урок. Занятия проходят в легком формате и конечно же с материалами которые выдаются перед началом курса. Через недели 3 помню как я заговорил на улице на тайском языке абсолютно неконтролируемо и легко. Это был шок для меня. Мой преподаватель Jom просто великолепен! Рекомендую 100%

Pros
  • Программа
  • Непринужденный формат
  • Классный преподаватель
Cons
  • Много занятий в удаленном формате (covid 19 видимо еще), а можно было бы чаще встречаться
1 person found this review helpful.
Peter

Study Thai on line

I am currently studying Thai with Mr Jom Nawa. Before the Coronavirus we met at school for the lessons. Now we study online. I am sitting at my home and so do all the others. We are 4 to 5 people in class now and it works very well. I have been trying to learn Thai for a number of years and for a number of different teachers but khun Jom is outstandingly the best.

Mauro

Super!

Translated by Go Overseas:
Thai study with Jom via Skype, before meeting him I tried for a couple of years to study alone or by being helped by Thai friends but with Jom in four months I learned more than in the previous two years of study.

The lessons are interesting, engaging and never boring. I am learning Thai quickly and almost without realizing it. Jom uses many methods to help memory remember new words and grammatical rules, he also explains the various aspects of Thai culture in relation to the language and this is very useful for understanding how to adapt my way of speaking to the context in which I find myself.

Original Version:
Studio Thailandese con Jom via Skype, prima di incontrarlo ho cercato per un paio d'anni di studiare da solo o facendomi aiutare da amici thai ma con Jom in quattro mesi ho imparato più che nei precedenti due anni di studio.

Le lezioni sono interessanti, coinvolgenti e mai noiose. Sto imparando in thai in modo veloce e quasi senza accorgermene. Jom utilizza molti metodi per aiutare la memoria a ricordare nuove parole e regole grammaticali, inoltre mi spiega i vari aspetti della cultura thai in relazione alla lingua e questo è molto utile per capire come adattare il mio modo di parlare al contesto in cui mi trovo.

Jonathan

Highly Recommended

I’ve been studying Thai at M.Y.L. for 8 months. It’s been so enjoyable I’ve signed up for another 8 months. In addition to studying conversation I’ve been studying reading and writing. I thoroughly recommend M.Y.L.

In order to learn Thai a transliteration system is necessary at the beginning. The one used at M.Y.L. is very natural for English speakers to read. I’ve tried a few of these systems, some of which require studying before studying Thai itself. The one used at M.Y.L. is the best I’ve seen.

There are lots of courses on offer, from conversation only to advanced reading and writing. The teachers are certified, speak excellent English and keep a good balance between education and fun. Classes have about 6 students, usually of different nationalities.

Of course, to study Thai you’ll need an Education Visa, which the school can arrange. M.Y.L. has a good relationship with Samui Immigration and will only issue genuine visas.

If you have no intention of learning Thai but want an extended holiday in Samui don’t go to the school and expect them to apply for a fraudulent visa. They won’t! You’re wasting their time, your own time and making it more difficult for genuine students.

However, if you’re a genuine student you’ll learn Thai, meet new people and have a lot of fun in the process. I can thoroughly recommend M.Y.L. school.

Sacha

Fantastic Learning Experience

My wife Vicky and I have been learning Thai with Jom and Mind for past 3 months. It has been a humble and most motivation experience with learning a new language. Our personal goal is to be able to speak and read fluently as we would like to be settled here in thailand with a business. Mind Your Language provides us both with the motivation and confidence to converse what we have learnt each week with local Thais. We finish our lessons each week learning and practise our learnings in our every day day life. Jom and Mind has the ability and patience to repeat and ensure a word or pronunciation is proper. The ability to converse with the locals, we can see the immediate reaction of appreciation and openness in sharing with us their thoughts besides getting through the basics in a foreign land. The learning journey has been most professional, tailored, relatable and motivational.

Fabien

Apprenez le thaï rapidement et avec plaisir !

Mind Your Language est une école sérieuse et très bien organisée, dont le personnel enseignant et administratif est très disponible et à l'écoute. La méthode d'enseignement apporte de bons résultats en peu de temps, ce qui vous permettra de vous débrouiller rapidement lorsque vous rencontrer des gens qui ne comprennent pas l'anglais. L'ambiance est sympathique. Il existe plusieurs formules allant de 1 semaine intensive à 12 mois, permettant l'apprentissage du thai parlé (phonétique) à la lecture et à l'écriture. Les classes comprennent peu d'élèves, ce qui facilite l'apprentissage. J'ai choisi de suivre un cour individuel ce qui a l'avantage de donner de la flexibilité si vous devez déplacer ou sauter un cours en cas d'empêchement. Je recommande Mind Your Language à quiconque veut apprendre le thai en ayant du plaisir.

Malin

Malin

Translated Review:
Mind Your Language Koh Samui is a really good school, who really cares about their students and really wants to learn how to speak Thai. Always gluttonous teachers who are happy, funny, and possitive. Jom & Chiida are great! Fewer people are allowed to look for. You always feel so welcome to school, Chida and Jom are so helpful.
Can highly recommend this school!!

Original Review:
Mind Your Language Koh Samui är en jätte bra skola, som verkligen bryr sig om sina elever och vill verkligen lära oss att prata thailändska. Alltid jättesnälla lärare som är glada, roliga, och possitiva. Jom & Chiida är toppen! Snällare människor får man leta efter. Man känner sig alltid så välkommen till skolan, Chida och Jom är så hjälpsamma.
Kan starkt rekommedera denna skola!!