The Great Connections week-long seminars bring young adults together to discuss the great works and ideas of civilization. Using a unique shared inquiry methodology, participants discover remarkable connections between the ideas they read about and discuss, and the contemporary world that they inhabit. It is in this process they commonly grasp a deeper sense of autonomy and personal power.
- Study philosophy, science, literature, art, mathematics, architecture, economics, politics, history, and more in collaborative discussions with the teacher as a guide, not the authority with the answers.
- Explore art, architecture, music, and personal psychology and introspection to expand participants’ awareness of their own inner life. In conjunction with this, we visit art museums, historical sites, famous buildings, and concerts.
- Engage in improv comedy workshops as a way to enable participants to get to know each other in a relaxed and fun manner. This improves intellectual discussions and collaboration. Improv also hones skills of collaboration and mutual investigation.
- Cultivate meaningful relationships and develop life-long friendships with people who appreciate and understand you through our powerful collaborative discussion methodology
- Leave with the tools to move forward sure-footed in whatever ideas and domains of knowledge they encounter, no matter the path.
Join us in Chicago for a FREE Program Preview Day!
Free accommodations available Friday and Saturday.
Check out our facebook events page for preview dates and more information.