By Road2Argentina   Reviews (2)   90% Rating

Teach English in Buenos Aires

By Road2Argentina   Reviews (2)   90% Rating

Road2Argentina’s Teach English Argentina ESL program places volunteers in schools in Buenos Aires where they intern as teaching assistants in English language classrooms. As a volunteer Teach English Argentina teacher, you are placed at a local school in Buenos Aires where you assist the English language staff and work directly with their students.

The Teach English Argentina program is especially beneficial for future and current English or Spanish teachers as it provides invaluable classroom and language experience. Previous teaching experience is not a requirement to participate in the Teach English Argentina ESL internship.

ESL teaching in Argentina volunteers assist certified English language teachers who are able to guide the volunteer throughout the teaching process. ESL teaching internships are volunteer and unpaid. Teaching English interns generally begin by assisting with the lessons and eventually are able to create and give their own lessons.

South America › Argentina › Buenos Aires

Polly
Berkeley, CA

Assistan-teaching English through Road2Argentina

Overall 8

The program I did with Road doesn't require a TEFL certificate, so even though it's called "teaching English," it's really assisting a teacher in an English language classroom. I was placed at a private bilingual school, where I went for half-days every day because the school teaches half the day in Spanish and half in English. Since I was there during the "English half" I was asked not to speak Spanish to the students at all (so if you're hoping to practice Spanish, this isn't the best way do it). Sometimes I was just observing, but most of the time I was helping give one-on-one attention to students during activities. It took a little while to get settled in a routine because the English school coordinator hadn't really planned out which classrooms I'd be in, so I was moving around a lot between classrooms at first, and it's a shame that I only stayed for 4 weeks because I was just getting into a rhythm. (Part of the reason things were mixed up is that there were a lot of feriados, or holidays, while I was there so the school had a lot of days off.)

I didn't really know anything about the school or the type of teaching/situation I would be in until I arrived and started volunteering. I think Road should provide more info before the volunteers arrive (or before they choose the program, because I could see someone expecting something very different).

lena046
Chicago
Edinburgh Napier University

Road2Argentina - Great Experience!

Overall 10

Road2Argentina is an amazing program for teaching in Argentina. They offer a wide variety of programs and really personalize each program for your interests. They make a strong effort to let you teach the grade and subject you are most interested in. They offer amazing support and fun weekly activities that are free for participants. The program allows you to not only meet other people on the program, but also immerse yourself in the culture and meet locals as well. I loved everything about this program and have no complaints!

It is our mission to make sure all of our participants and partners are satisfied with every aspect of their program and that the Road2Argentina experience is an extraordinary one! We are an organization based in Buenos Aires and we are committed to offering you our local expertise and support. We want you to have an unforgettable Spanish language immersion in one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in the world, so come join us in Buenos Aires for an experience of a lifetime!