- Hong Kong
View Other Details
- A university degree (any discipline)
- High English proficiency
- An interest in working with children, teenagers or young adults
- A proactive and creative nature
- Cultural sensitivity
- HK$16,000 per month (Approx. USD$2025)
- Sponsored work visa (we apply on your behalf)
- Group arrival and airport pick-up
- Orientation and settling in support
- Accommodation during orientation
- Financial and logistical help to find accommodation
- Training and feedback sessions throughout the programme (no experience and teaching certificate required)
- Resource materials
- Opportunities to work on community projects outside of school
- Career mentorship, professional development workshops and networking events
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Pre-departure support
- An active social community
- Cantonese lessons and cultural workshops
- Welfare and emergency support
Accommodation is provided for the 3 week orientation period upon arrival
We’re looking for enthusiastic and innovative English speakers from around the world to take up paid English teaching positions in Hong Kong. Chatteris is a non-profit, charitable organisation fighting to empower local students and break down the barriers caused by the English skills gap.
As a Chatteris English tutor, you will be placed in a local Hong Kong school full time to work alongside the local English teaching staff. Your role will be to plan and deliver lessons as well as interactive workshops, tutorials and events outside of the classroom.
With Chatteris, you’ll have an opportunity to directly contribute to the life and learning experience of Hong Kong students whilst being trained and supported every step of the way. You'll develop transferable skills, experience a new culture and have a chance to connect with a network of 70 fellow tutors who will become your lifelong friends.
- Work in a diverse and vibrant city and use your holidays to explore the rest of Asia
- Access ongoing professional and personal development
- Receive comprehensive training - you don't need to worry about having a teaching qualification or experience
- Gain the experience of working with an intercultural team
- Directly benefit Hong Kong's underprivileged through community outreach
View the latest teaching job postings by Chatteris Educational Foundation.