View Other Details
Visa: 222 USD
First Month living expenses in Colombia: 450 USD (approx.)
Colombian ID: 62 USD
Additional costs: Air Tickets and Health Insurance.
The cost of international flights will vary depending on the country of origin/destination. See our Terms & Conditions to learn more about our bonus to support participants with the purchase of return flights. Depending on your destination, you might need to make use of savings to complete the amount needed to purchase the flight.
- Airport pick up
- 1st stipend: March 20, 2022 (1.800.000 COP)
With the YMCA, the students of schools and universities of Colombia are given the opportunity to discover that English is a tool to gain knowledge, explore new places, meet new people, and learn about different cultures. The YMCA COLead3rs program brings activities based on experiential and integrated education inspired by the YMCA summer camps of Colombia and the world.
YMCA COLead3rs roles:
Cultural Agent: Placement at a school or university 30 hours/week, you will be the one in charge of planning an activity for each group that you will see weekly. The Colombian teachers will be your partners, you will learn from them and they will learn from you.
Camp Leader: Join the YMCA Camps, travel to new places, and receive a bonus for your travel expenses.
Volunteer:10 hours/week volunteering in other areas of the YMCA, community outreach, administrative, marketing, translations, education, and others.
Apply now! Start date: January 28th, 2023
- Travel to the country of magic realism, amazing landscapes, delicious food, and the best part, Colombians!
- Gain teaching experience and empower children and youth through exploring non-conventional teaching methods.
- Improve your Spanish fluency by being immersed in the Colombian culture and connecting with YMCA Colombian leaders and staff.
- Receive a montlhy stipend and cover your living expenses in Colombia.
- Lead non-conventional activities in English in Colombian School 30 hours/week, and volunteer in other areas of the YMCA 10/hours week.
Empower Young People with the world’s oldest and largest youth-focused movements in the world. Founded in 1844, the YMCA operates in 120 countries around the world and has been in Colombia for 57 years.
The YMCA Colombia invites you to share your culture, volunteer and empower Colombian children and teens, express your creativity towards the development of new teaching methods, Gain TEFL Experience, and get involved with the Colombian culture!