Teach English in a Homestay in Russia for 1, 2 or 3 Months

Experience Russian culture while teaching English
Experience Russian culture while teaching English
Live with a host family in Russia
Live with a host family in Russia

Get an authentic travel experience as an English tutor in Russia, living with a host family and teaching 15 hours a week. This is an exciting opportunity to explore the country and culture off the tourist track while having the freedom to travel and explore on the weekends.

This homestay program includes accommodations and food in exchange for 15 hours a week of conversational English tutoring. Choose to live abroad 1, 2 or 3 months with start dates year round.

Program Overview:
--Volunteer tutoring position with a local host family
--15 hours per week teaching- rest of the time is yours to explore and travel
--Placements in and around the Moscow, St. Petersburg, or Voronezh areas
--Accommodation with volunteer Russian host family
--1, 2 or 3 month placements
--Rolling start dates twice monthly

Program Prices:
1 Month – $1,500
2 Months – $1,600
3 Months – $1,600

• Host family accommodation and meals included
  • Assistance from a personal program manager before, during and after your program
  • 15 hours of tutoring per week leaves time to learn Russian and explore the country
  • 24 Emergency contact service and medical insurance included
  • Pre-departure orientation & cultural training provided by your program manager

• Benefits 9
  • Facilities 6
Catherine

One Month in Bronnitsy, Moscow Oblast

I spent a month living with a family in Bronnitsy, a town SE of Moscow. Dad, Mom, two sons (9 and 11) and their dog. The family went out of their way to show me Russian life, including trips in to Moscow, to plays and ballets, and to their dacha. I met other members of their family, their friends and several of the boys' teachers. Their school actually made a really big deal of my visit, inviting me to classes, a forum where advanced English students spoke, and a special presentation and tea. They even put me on local TV! I tailored my English instruction individually: helped the younger son with his English homework and worked on reading; traded history lessons in English (me) and Russian (him) with the older boy; worked with Dad every morning over breakfast; and worked with Mom in the kitchen, practicing vocabulary and listening. I met Grandmother, and an older daughter who is at university. I really felt one of the family, and enjoyed the experience immensely.

The placement and timing were all arranged by email, and I misunderstood the start date for the program. Thus, in applying for a visa, they provided a support letter that gave different dates from what I put on the visa application, and the visa was awarded with the dates from the support letter. As a result, I arrived in Helsinki a week before my visa began, and had to wait there until I could continue to Moscow. The family made a very long, fruitless trip to the airport on the earlier date, when I did not arrive.