• South Korea

Elementary Middle School High School
Age Max

Pricing

Salary / Benefits
Salary in both options (Public Schools & Hagwons): Roughly £1,400/month + Free Accommodation (basic Asia style one room studio apartment) + One-Way Flight Refund. There is a bonus of 1 months salary (roughly £1400) for all applicants, upon completion of their 12 month contract out in South Korea.
Programme Support Fee: £997 (includes online TEFL course prior to departure). This fee is split into 2 equal payments, spread out over time. There is a bonus of 1 months salary (roughly £1400) for all applicants, upon completion of their 12 month contract out in South Korea.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airfare
What's Not Included
Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance Visa Wifi
Aug 14, 2022
Aug 24, 2022
3 travelers are looking at this program

Immerse yourself in South Korea, kick-start your teaching career and embark on 365 days of adventure on this 12-month graduate opportunity with a difference.

From the simmering streets of Seoul to the breathtaking bays of Busan, South Korea is a land of contrasts. Both technologically advanced and rooted in tradition, it offers an unrivalled blend of old and new. Add to that the combo of cosmopolitan culture and insta-worthy natural beauty, and you’ve got a recipe for an unforgettable adventure.

On this 12-month teaching opportunity, you’ll immerse yourself in the buzz of modern-day Korea. You’ll gain hands-on teaching experience and turn your dreams of seeing the country into a fun-filled, fast-paced adventure. If you want to work hard and play harder, there really is no better place. Are you ready to make memories? Let’s go!

Program Highlights

• Benefits 5
  • Facilities 5
Pviter

South Korea

South Korea is a fantastic Country, (significantly if you grew up in the UK) It's so safe, you can literally leave your phone on the table and disappear for an hour, come back and it will still be there! The people are amicable and genuinely do their best to help foreigners in need. Enough people in big cities (not countryside places) speak broken English, so you can get by fine - Download papago!

Getting used to the style of food here is quite an experience, they have some strange combinations and some very delicious ones. If you're not a fan of their food it's okay, the quality of the foreign food here is incredible! it won't make you feel at home, because it's better than the food at home.

There are lots to see, if you love party life Korea has some amazing clubs. The drink prices are cheap, travelling is very cheap. Honestly, it's a no-brainer. For one year of your life, I recommend everyone should travel. This place like many other countries will open up your eyes, and the way you perceive life. You'll never meet people like you do when you travel, all unique personalities with different life stories.

The first 3 months feel difficult because youre having a culture shock but also need things like an ARC card to sign up for most things like getting a phone contract etc. But once you overcome that hurdle it's smooth sailings. Remember you are coming here with nothing as a new citizen, so there are things to sort out. If I can do it, anyone can. All great things come at a price, this one just takes courage... with that, I'll end with a quote from Franklin D. Roosevelt...

“Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the assessment that something else is more important than fear.”

Pros
  • Very Safe
  • You get to grow as a person
  • Make new friendships with people from all walks of life
Cons
  • Can be long working hours
  • Summer weather is very hot and winter weather is Very cold
Sophie

Best choice I've made

Before graduating last year, the idea of living and working abroad sounded amazing. Travel Grad popped up on Grad Intel and I thought: I’ve got nothing to lose by signing up and asking a few questions. The first call I had with Andrew was professional, yet casual and genuine; basically, you can tell that his service is legit. I’d never worked with children before, let alone teach… So, it was even more of a plus to find out that Andrew taught and lived abroad himself; I gathered that voicing any of my concerns and questions would be met with understanding… as he’s walked this path before! And it's true.

Travel Grad literally works around the clock, I don’t know if I’d be able to level with, or trust, a different agency or set of people- I'm really pleased that I stuck with Travel Grad and began this whole journey with them! Andrew and Travel Grad helped me to leave the UK feeling pretty content with things.

I’ve been here for 3 months now, and it really is one of the best choices I’ve made. It’s been great to push out of the bubble of back home, and do something brand new and different. But at the roots of my experience so far, I've got a lot of gratitude for Travel Grad. They have been helpful, authentic, communicative, and you could read anything you like: but the only way to properly know is to do! Going with Travel Grad was like doing it by yourself with a guide; things have been way smoother than if I'd tried to sort it all out myself.

Pros
  • Friendly and honest
  • Open and helpful
  • Round the clock
Johnny

Excellent pre and post-arrival service

I wanted to travel after finishing uni and figured teaching abroad would likely be one of the most rewarding and effective options for combining travelling and living abroad with genuine and viable career prospects.

I think I found Andrew and travel grad via an online ad and made the decision to commit after an initial conversation over the phone. Andrew explained his background and immediately struck me as a very genuine character with his clients best interests at heart which has always proved to be the case. There were plenty of difficulties during my pre-arrival process, almost all of which resulting from COVID, but Travel grad were able to safely and professionally guide myself and plenty of others through the process, seek excellent alternatives and keep candidates’ spirits high.

I would absolutely recommend travel grad to anyone like myself and others, for first-timers and even for more experienced teachers seeking a new adventure.

Pros
  • Communication and openness
  • Professionalism and security
  • Comfortability
Emma

South Korea teaching abroad!

I could not recommend TravelGrad more, my experience has been great! Andrew is so helpful and has been there at all times if I ever had any question or anything! I am now teaching in South Korea and am having the best time living and working over here. It is an incredible country and I am enjoying teaching at my school too! I am so glad I decided to go through TravelGrad as it made all the stages prior to departure a lot easier and stress free as a result of the support that TravelGrad provided at all times! Thank you TravelGrad!! :)

Jarvis

Honest and Efficient

TravelGrad were very supportive throughout the whole process. They walk you through every step and are always there for you if you have any questions.

They were also very honest and advised us to only accept offers which we were 100% happy with.

TravelGrad reassured us that they only work with vetted institutions so there is no need to worry about ending up being placed at a shadey school (hagwon).

I would absolutely recommend using TravelGrad if you're looking to teach in South Korea or anywhere else in Asia for that matter.

Yasmin

Amazing!

Travelgrad were amazing at helping us connect with the right people to start our journey in South Korea. Andrew is amazing and so supportive through the whole process and ensures you have the best experience possible. The process is pretty simple and totally worth it. I would definitely recommend using Travelgrad if you’re considering coming to South Korea! My experience so far has been great, I am still receiving support if needed and I am very pleased with my choice to move to Korea using Travelgrad.

• Experience