- United States of America
View Other Details
- Applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree (in film studies/education or a related field).
- Applicants should have at least 2 years of film/media-related experience.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 6 months (cumulative) in/formal teaching experience.
- Applicants should be proficient in relevant digital technologies.
- Applicants should be able to provide samples of their work.
Filmmakers Without Borders is composed of professional educators, filmmakers, and technologists devoted to using filmmaking as a means of cross-cultural exchange and student empowerment. FWB works in 10 countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Honduras, India, Kenya, Nepal, Peru, Tanzania, and Thailand.
Interested in living and teaching abroad for 1 year?
All FWB Programs are 100% Fully Funded
* Equipment included
* International flights included
* Housing included
* Food included
* Travel insurance included
Participants teach students storytelling techniques, creative writing, photography, pre-production (storyboarding, script-writing), production (camera skills, framing, composition), post-production (editing, sound design), interviews, animation, and more. Students create 10+ short film projects (documentary, narrative, experimental, interactive) throughout the academic year and organize an in-country film festival to screen their films for their communities.