VolunQuest is the first and only private organization in the Republic of Mexico available that offers the opportunity for foreigners to teach in the public primary schools in Quintana Roo. VolunQuest offers a 2-3 week Teacher Training or a 4-week TEFL certification program.
At the same time that you will be gaining invaluable experience and a highly distinguished TEFL Teaching Certificate you will also be providing an English language education in an environment where it is a necessity, not a luxury. Your students need to learn English in order to become successful members of their economy and society. What is truly unique about the VolunQuest program is that is the only opportunity that is mutually beneficial for both its participants as well as the community that it operates within.
As a program participant, you will be able to enjoy all the pleasures this stunning destination has to offer, with optional secure living arrangements and the full support of VolunQuest.
- A Teaching Certificate through the Mexican Ministry of Education (4 week program minimum) or Accreditation certificate for teaching hours earned (2 or 3 week program)
- Full-immersion in the local community
- Collaborative lesson planning and material creation
- Access to office materials which include school supplies, a printer/copy machine, printer paper, teaching materials, training packet, etc.
- A letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the program