• Thailand

Program Details

Teaching Practicum
Job Placement
Certifications
Online TEFL TEFL TEFL (Hybrid)
Weekly Classroom Hours
Hotel

Pricing

The price is Baht 39,500 or $1200. Discounts may apply. This covers the four week course. However, if you would like, you may take our TEFL program and we will assist you with finding accommodation offers for the 4 weeks of the course..
Couple/partner discount of 50% off the Regular price for the second person. Accommodation is started if that option is taken.
Ask about our Tour link pack which optionally can be taken 1 week before or 1 week after the course Baht 12,000/USD360.

Our price is very competitive to other TEFL programs in our Region.
What's Included

50% off for partners TEFL or discount for partners TEFL + volunteer

May 17, 2022
May 26, 2022
2 travelers are looking at this program

A program of 4 weeks - 120 hours. A minimum of 6 hours actual teaching practice during the course. An intensive but satisfying course. The TEFL trainer has in excess of 35 years teaching experience and highly qualified as a teacher. All materials are provided. The program is conducted using a power point presentation with handouts which allows a great deal of interactive discussion between students and the trainer. The course is very suitable to those wishing to teach in Thailand and Asia and is a qualification that can be used World-wide. The course is Ministry of Education (CPE) approved to be taught in Thailand.

There is an accommodation support option if requested (subsidized accommodation). 50% discount course fee for the second person of a couple. Linked optional Tour package USD360 for 5 days.

Contact us via the website enquiry and we'll guide you through to finding temporary accommodation while on the course and assisting you in gaining a teaching position in Thailand.

Program Highlights

• Interactive, enjoyable class discussion and teacher training - mix with people from other countries & cultures
  • located in Pattaya Thailand - beaches, night life and a location to travel from to see and enjoy all that Thailand has to offer
  • We actively help you find you work teaching using our connections: schools and recruiters
  • Optional: Volunteer Father Ray, Pattaya or REACH, SIEM REAP post course receive Baht 1,500 rebate, Partner receives Baht 9,500 rebate -
  • We give advice on advancing your qualifications in Thailand - contact info@slsthailand.com

• Instruction 9.6
  • Academic Rigor 9.3
  • Job Assistance 9.5
Matt

Amazing program, Started working the day after the course ended!

This is THE place to go for for your TELF certification. From the moment I made contact and expressed my serious interest in TEFL in Thailand, all my questions were answered. Paul is very well connected with schools, recruiters and very knowledgeable. Cillian, the TEFL teacher, is a highly qualified expert in teaching. Any questions you have SLS will have the answer, or find it for you. Before the course started Paul had me connected with recruiters and job offers came flying in once I arrived in Pattaya from the US. Due to how many connections this school has, plus the added benefit that the recruiters know you will be a good teacher because of SLS, I accepted a job offer while in the course. The day the course ended I moved to Bangkok and began working the next day. I wouldn’t be where I am today without SLS!

Pros
  • Very helpful with job placement
  • Great location
  • Accommodation assistance
Elijah

Excellent Course

SLS Training Center is an excellent place to get your TEFL certificate. The teacher Cillian is knowledgeable and engaging. Paul will help you get a job with a school. Mam will teach you some Thai for free. Gai greets you every morning with a smile (hidden behind her mask but I know it is there). When you come to your classes it almost feels like a family while you are there.

You will get to practice your lessons first with your classmates but the most rewarding and informative portion of the class will be when you present lessons you have prepared to real students and receive feedback. This class will prepare you well for your actual teaching.

Thank you Cillian, Paul, Mam, and Gai.

Alisa

Highly recommend

If your planning to teach English in Thailand; and don’t know where to start. This school has got you covered. At this school, they teach you everything you need to know about how to teach English. This course is a life changing experience, that will set you up for life, to teach English effectively. Meanwhile, this course made me become more confident to teach in front of students. My teaching capabilities have improved dramatically. All of the staff at Salisa language are extremely welcoming and friendly. Definitely recommend!!

Pros
  • Friendly staff
  • Formative
Jay

Worth both the money and the time

I recommend this course and school wholeheartedly.. Cillian is great at getting the information across in a concise and understandable manner. I went from 0-100 in a month and am all the better for it.

The same goes for all the staff at SLS. Everyone was always at hand to help with whatever was needed. No faults and everyone made certain they were going above and beyond with anything you needed.

They helped me to not only get a job but also get the job I wanted. Mam's Thai lessons on the side were also a major help and brought me up several levels within a month.

I recommend to anybody that wants to teach English in Thailand. Thank you.

Pros
  • Easy to learn
  • Easy to progress
  • Excellent career guidance
Michael

Amazing TEFL Course

Cillian, the course instructor, led a very informative TEFL course. He demonstrated unbiased professionalism throughout the program, calling upon a lifetime of experience as a teacher to reinforce his curriculum. In addition to the 120 hours of instruction on theory, the course consists of 6 hours of practical application in Thai classrooms which in my opinion sets an in-person course ahead of any online option. I personally have over a decade of teaching experience in the military, primary, and secondary schools; TEFL provides a great foundation for teaching English as a second language that even experienced teachers do not have. The support staff at SLS was phenomenal in helping students achieve various goals such as obtaining TOEIC (for NNES) or learning the Thai language. The program also assists students in obtaining employment as a teacher, which resulted in half a dozen offers being extended to me before the completion of the program. The program is a phenomenal investment in your professional skillset that will set you apart from the competition.

Pros
  • In-class instruction practicum
  • Employment assistance
  • Challenging theory and exams
Cons
  • I would have enjoyed more practical application
Mike

A TEFL program with individuals in mind.

I had been in contact with several TEFL course providers in Thailand, and what stood out about SLS was the personal interest which Paul showed in his messages. At the school, that personal touch was evidenced by the entire staff.
The instruction was good, and delivered by a very experienced TEFL teacher, the student teaching was a great experience, but what stands out to me about SLS is the family feel.
Paul keeps not just my experience but my preferences in mind as he helps me with a job search. When I tested positive for Omicron and had to spend 4 days in my apartment, the staff went above and beyond. Chompoo went out to get me medicine and limes for hot citrus water. Paul and Mam checked on me. Cillian accommodated having me in the classroom virtually.
There are a lot of programs out there, but I can't imagine that any are a better experience.

Myra

TEFL Course

Making the decision to take the TEFL course at SLS was the best move I've ever made. The management and teachers, for example, were all highly qualified and experienced. Sir Paul was a lot helpful and made it very much easy for me to begin my journey to SLS. I must say that I learned a lot. Now that I've completed this course, I feel more prepared to begin my teaching profession, whether as a teacher or as a curriculum planner.
Every member of SLS went out of their way to help each and every student. Every class was planned and delivered in accordance with the established standards and criteria.
I'm happy to be a part of SLS and to have completed a TEFL course.
I appreciate the efforts of the SLS team.

I'm bringing back memories that I'll treasure for the rest of my life.

What was your funniest moment?
One of the funniest moments was in Thai class with Ma'm, when I had to say kop kun ka, which means thank you, and swat thi ka, which means hello, after each statement. And I ended up combining the two and acting as if I knew what I was doing until a Thai lady at the mall corrected me.
Swetlana

A solid preparation course

Cillian is equipped with plenty of experience to share for future English teachers. Due to the Covid situation I had the chance to undergo a one-on-one course with him. It was a very pleasant and insightful course. It made me feel prepared for the job.

The dedicated support by Paul before, during, and after the TEFL course is fantastic. The care to help you reach your goal is heart felt.

Mam, my Thai teacher, and Chompoo have made me feel at home from day one.

I'd recommend this course to anyone looking to obtain a TEFL certificate with consequently a teacher job.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I'm often reluctant to tests and demos. Cillian expressed his understanding and made sure I felt as comfortable and prepared as possible. He was available for questions any time.