Get your CELTA to Teach English in Turkey!

CELTA Summer 2016
CELTA Summer 2016

If you're looking for a career change and want to live and work in fascinating places around the world, CELTA can give you the training you need to adjust to a dynamic and challenging new profession.

-Teach you the principles of effective teaching
-Provide a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners
-Give you hands-on teaching practice
-CELTA covers five key topics:
-Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
-Language analysis and awareness
-Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
-Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
-Developing teaching skills and professionalism

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
Mansurbek

Wonderful CELTA experience

I completed my CELTA course in IH Izmir in September-October 2016. I had such a wonderful time there that my vocabulary is not just enough to describe the experiences I underwent. We had very nice and engaging tutors, great atmosphere, wonderful facilities. I did a 6-week course and the schedule was very handy. The things I learned as a Celta trainee there were amazing. Although I had been working as an ESL teacher for more than 3 years, there was alot to learn. Now after completing the course, having the CELTA knowledge and my certificate, I am not afraid to challenge myself in a more responsible environment. Thank You International House Izmir for the wonderful experience.

There is one thing I wondered during the course. Are the tutors able to sit more with individual CELTA trainees and discuss things individually? Yes, there is alot of interaction with tutors, however, when someone wants individual feedback or help, it seems abit difficult to get the tutors as they are quite busy all the time. I believe there should be room for individual interaction..