Outward Bound Costa Rica: Custom Course in Costa Rica, Panama, or Nicaragua

Enroll in a Spring Gap Year & Semester course by Nov 15th to receive a $500 Early Bird discount!

We design custom courses for groups of 5 participants minimum. Groups get to choose everything from the dates and durations of their trip, to the activities they want their program to include. We are also able to advise on activities and types of accommodation that match your interests and objectives, and pick the best locations for your course. Step by step, we will assist groups in planning an unforgettable adventure in Costa Rica, Panama or Nicaragua.

All activities are designed following the OBCR experiential learning methodology: experience a challenge, reflect and draw conclusions, apply newfound knowledge, self-confidence and self-awareness to the next day’s challenge. We guide this process through each "challenge", whether it be a service project or a surf lesson.

• Get off the beaten tourist path and explore places less frequented.
  • Experience the best of Costa Rica's nature with unique adventure activities.
  • Experience authentic Costa Rican culture and practice your Spanish language skills on course with local instructors and with local families on home stays.
  • Achieve your group's goals while you surf, zip line, whitewater raft, rappel 80 foot waterfalls, scuba, hike and earn outdoor certifications.
  • Push your limits like never and leave the course with a deeper understanding of yourself.

• Staff 10
  • Organization 7.7
Lisa

Outward Bound Costa Rica

We went on a 9 day trip to Costa Rica with our Girl Scout Troop through the organization Outward Bound and it was outstanding in every way. We enjoyed spectacular views, exotic and delicious food and the company of friendly knowledgeable staff. As someone who has visited outside the US, I could not think of a better way to go. We enjoyed beautiful beaches, repelled down a waterfall and saw sea turtles lay eggs in the sand. We saw so much of the country with our local guides.
I felt that out trip was unique and outstanding because it was so intimate. Our troop got to meet and spend time with local families living in the Costa Rican rain forest. Our Troop was very fortunate to get to go on such an amazing adventure. I would highly recommend the trip.

Jared

Through the Jungle

Beyond the early hassle with time management and a sense of not knowing what is going on, I would have to say this program and the people in it where some of the best moments that have happened in my life. Whether it be zip lining through the Jungle or cruising through the Caribbean Sea the time spent and moments shared were amazing. Beyond this, I would definitely recommend this program and experience to all my friends and everyone I know. Also to wrap things up the country and people as well as the food we had was beautiful and amazing.

Better knowledge of what is happening.
Brittany

AMAZING

I’m really grateful that I was able to participate in the 7-day adventure with Outward Bound! It was especially challenging for me because I have a physically disability that limits me to certain activities or it takes me twice as long to complete an activity. I’m even more grateful that Outward Bound allowed to me to participate in such a life changing course! I was able to push myself further than I have before! I traveled to Costa Rica alone with only knowing names, not the person. I made so many great connections! Diego and Molly were great leaders and were there to guide everyone in the right direction! This course has taught me to think more about the environment including the rainforest and appreciate what I have! It has also taught me even when I think I can’t do something, I can. For example, on the first day of the hike, we were hiking downhill. I started to get blisters on my toes, and I didn’t think I was going to be able to complete the second hike back up the steep hill. I was terrified! But, the climb back to the top was great! I was able to push myself and keep going! Thank you, Outward Bound!

About Outward Bound Costa Rica

BE. OUT. THERE. Outward Bound Costa Rica inspires a lifetime of leadership, growth, and a commitment to serve through adventure-based learning. Since 1992, we have honed our approach to experiential education, utilizing Costa Rica and Panama’s...