Join us for a week to experience a lifestyle we all have seen on big screens and always wondered how it would feel like. By living in a village you would know the different problems these people have and how and what makes these people so much different from us and our lifestyle in cities.
The aim of Faces of India travel experiences is that the participant sees the world from the eyes of another person and becomes a part of another community for a few days.
Through Faces of India: Life of a Villager, we aim to provide an authentic and cultural experience in a pahaadi (or mountain) village in Uttarakhand.
Away from the hustle and bustle of the city life and our daily schedules, the participants will get to experience the world from the eyes of a villager, and become a part of another community.
Even though it is a secluded village, it has a strong Wi-fi connection! :p
- The participants get to interact with the local school students, the families, the panchayat, and live in and learn about the culture and traditions.
- Taste the local delicacies and enjoy a wholesome meal with the host families.
- Explore off-beat, and unseen mountain trails with experienced coordinators.
- Enjoy the bonfire and barbecue under the starry nights while sipping a delightful cup of chai.
- Note that this experience is in association with various NGOs with a mission to reduce the increasing number of migrations from villages to cities and to showcase the rural culture.