Richelle Gamlam

Go Overseas Writer

Traveler, blogger and serial expat, Richelle has been living and working in China for the last four years. From high school English teacher to college admissions consultant, Richelle has tried her hand at many different jobs in China. She spends all of her vacation days traveling Asia off the beaten path, and in her spare time, she loves to scuba dive, salsa dance and try weird foods no one else will eat. For more of Richelle's crazy misadventures, check out her blog Adventures Around Asia.

Undergraduate University
George Washington University
Website Facebook Twitter
Questions Post Date
What's the normal workload for teachers in China? 09/30/2017
What's the most challenging part of teaching in China? 09/30/2017
Is it realistic to make a career and build a life teaching English in China? 09/30/2017
I have done a TEFL course but do not have any other qualifications. What countries can I still teach English in? 09/19/2016
What is the range of salary I will receive in this field? 09/19/2016
Is it realistic to make a career and build a life teaching English at any of these countries? 09/19/2016
What places are hiring English teachers in China? 09/19/2016
What’s the normal workload for teachers in China? 09/19/2016
How do you go about teaching in Burma? Is it safe to teach there? 09/19/2016
Do you need a TEFL certificate to teach overseas? 09/09/2016
Can you come home for holidays while teaching overseas? 09/09/2016
Is it dodgy to work for a school in China that has teachers working there illegally? 09/09/2016
What do I need to do to teach overseas if I don't have a specific certification? 09/09/2016
What are some good options for me if I only want to teach abroad for a month or two? 09/09/2016
What are my chances teaching in Middle East? 09/09/2016
How can I teach abroad with a family / kids? 09/09/2016
Is it smarter/cheaper to pack a lot now for teaching in China? Or should I wait to buy clothes when I get there? 09/09/2016
What are the qualifications like for teaching in the Middle East? 09/09/2016
Do I have to speak the local language to teach English abroad? 09/09/2016
What countries have the best salaries? 09/09/2016
Should I get tesl vs tefl certified? 09/09/2016
Is an on-site TEFL certification worth the money? 08/27/2016
Where can I teach if I don't have TEFL or CELTA certificates? 08/27/2016
Is my TEFL certificate from Chicago as valued as one received in Prague? 08/27/2016
Where should I teach in South America? 08/27/2016