Professional Volunteer Internships in Armenia

Professional Volunteer Internships in Armenia

With over 500 partner organizations throughout Armenia, AVC offers a broad range of ongoing professional volunteer opportunities. Volunteer placements are available year-round.

AVC matches your skillset, expertise and interests with the needs of Armenian organizations in fields such as agriculture, engineering, health, architecture, education, journalism, arts and culture, human rights, public policy, and zoology, to name but a few.

AVC accepts applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. Your complete application should be submitted at least two months prior to your intended arrival, allotting enough time for the AVC application committee to process and review your application and, if you are accepted, the AVC staff to make appropriate arrangements for your service in Armenia.

Visit http://www.armenianvolunteer.org for more information . As soon as you're ready to apply, complete the online application here: http:www.armenianvolunteer.org/volunteer/application

Asia » Armenia
Yerevan

Gabe

Great program

AVC is a flexible, versatile and established organization. Having been around for over 10 years, they have connections with numerous organizations in Armenia and are have had hundreds of volunteers pass through their door. It's best (as always) to have a sense of what type of volunteering you want to do, which they can help shape into a concrete plan.

I wanted a professional experience and told them that I was really only interested in volunteering in Armenia if I could work at one of two organizations, with my top choice being the Human Rights Defender's Office of Armenia. AVC has never had a volunteer there before, but they made a number of calls on my behalf and basically made it happen. It was great to have an interesting professional work experience while connecting with volunteers all over the world (but primarily from US and Canada).

As mentioned above, most of the volunteers are from the US and Canada, which makes a foreign place like Armenia slightly less foreign.

During the summer there are a ton of younger volunteers (20-22 yrs old), which for an older guy like me (28), gets a little tiring.

Also, some people have had the issue that they didn't feel like their work was useful. Because I stayed for so long and got my first choice volunteer site, I felt like my work had significant impact. This is from someone who spoke no Armenian before going to Armenia.

An
New Jersey
The College of New Jersey

There's so much to do!

After 30 years in the corporate world in New York, I decided to take a break and go to Armenia to volunteer for 4 months. With AVC's help and guidance, I worked at 3 sites as a volunteer. All 3 were great matches for my interests and skills and 4 months turned into 8 months. One volunteer position in particular turned into a paid job, and I am staying on in Armenia for the time being.
The AVC team treated me like family and with their support and friendship, I felt immediately at home in Armenia. AVC is affiliated with Birthright Armenia, and the 30-40 young people who are volunteering in Armenia with Birthright at any given time also became part of my immediate social circle. These 2 organizations make a community within this beautiful and friendly country! There is so much to do here, and everything we do is welcomed, appreciated, and valued. Come move mountains and enjoy life!!

Not all volunteer jobs are well defined or supervised. I think it's crucial that volunteer positions be specific, tangible, and have a clearly defined goal. They should have a beginning and an end. Supervisors should be available to provide guidance and feedback.

Founded in 2000, the Armenian Volunteer Corps (AVC) is the premiere volunteer organization in Armenia. A registered non-profit foundation in Armenia, AVC affords individuals aged 21 and up the opportunity to live and work in Armenia for service terms of up to one (1) year.